    region-free DVD player. It's been a few years since I got mine and the
    Sampo I've got is no longer made. What's a good player these days at a
    decent price? Thanks in advance.

    Jim Reid, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Jim Reid

    Irulan Guest

    "Jim Reid" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My friend called me to find out what kind of deal she can get on a
    > region-free DVD player. It's been a few years since I got mine and the
    > Sampo I've got is no longer made. What's a good player these days at a
    > decent price? Thanks in advance.

    Philips DVS5140 can be made region-free and will
    play anything you throw at it. It's progressive scan and
    is around $60 at amazon.com.

    --
    Irulan
    from the stars we come

    Irulan, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Jim Reid

    skip Guest

    Jim Reid <> wrote in news:1181602555.401181.324210
    @q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > My friend called me to find out what kind of deal she can get on a
    > region-free DVD player. It's been a few years since I got mine and the
    > Sampo I've got is no longer made. What's a good player these days at a
    > decent price? Thanks in advance.

    Oppo

    skip, Jun 12, 2007
  4. In message news:Xns994D34DBED1ADsky@207.115.33.102, skip sprach forth the
    following:

    > Jim Reid <> wrote in news:1181602555.401181.324210
    > @q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> My friend called me to find out what kind of deal she can get on a
    >> region-free DVD player. It's been a few years since I got mine and the
    >> Sampo I've got is no longer made. What's a good player these days at a
    >> decent price? Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Oppo

    Ditto.

    :)

    Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute, Jun 12, 2007
  5. Jim Reid

    Guest

    OPPO DV-970HD (or anyone of their other fine products). Worth EVERY
    last cent. Very positive review in Widescreen Review earlier this
    year. Made region-free via a simple 4-digit code entered from the
    remote.

    Regards,

    Eugene Pokopac Lawrenceville GA

    , Jun 12, 2007