    I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
    laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
    player as my daughter is now living in America
    Wayne Kerr, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Wayne Kerr

    cineman Guest

    It is possible to alter region settings on dvd playerm but not on the dvd
    itself. I think dvdreview website may be of some help.
    Do a google search for make and model of dvd player this will throw up
    forums with lists of dvd players and means of changing regions which is
    normally via the remote control

    sorry if this is of little use.
    regards
    cineman

    cineman, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Wayne Kerr

    Mitch Guest

    In article <BoeTe.1446$>, Wayne Kerr
    <> wrote:

    > All DVDs have a region code.
    > Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
    > in any dvd player in Europe and America.
    >
    > I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
    > laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
    > player as my daughter is now living in America

    Yesterday (which means probably in messages you haven't yet read)
    someone clarified that misconception --
    apparently you are talking about a piracy tool that bypasses
    copy protection code, and therefore has nothing to do with region codes.
    Mitch, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Wayne Kerr

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    No.
    My daughter lives in New York.
    The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
    player.

    All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.

    She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
    possible to watch using the TV.

    All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
    code on the European region to American region

    Wayne Kerr, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Wayne Kerr

    gangle Guest

    "Wayne Kerr" wrote
    > No.
    > My daughter lives in New York.
    > The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
    > player.
    >
    > All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.
    >
    > She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
    > possible to watch using the TV.
    >
    > All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
    > code on the European region to American region

    No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    altered.
    gangle, Sep 6, 2005
  6. Wayne Kerr

    DB Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:20:28 -0700, "gangle" <>
    wrote:

    >"Wayne Kerr" wrote
    >> No.
    >> My daughter lives in New York.
    >> The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
    >> player.
    >>
    >> All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.
    >>
    >> She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
    >> possible to watch using the TV.
    >>
    >> All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
    >> code on the European region to American region

    >No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    >code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    >would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    >DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    >altered.

    Sorry, but that's rubbish. Many DVD players can be made region free,
    or the region changed from the remote control.

    What's the make and model of the DVD player?
    DB, Sep 6, 2005
  7. Wayne Kerr

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    Apex 20 inch

    Wayne Kerr, Sep 6, 2005
  8. Wayne Kerr

    DB Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:41:10 GMT, "Wayne Kerr" <>
    wrote:

    >Apex 20 inch
    >"DB" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:20:28 -0700, "gangle" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Wayne Kerr" wrote

    >American )

    >the
    >> >
    >> >No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    >> >code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    >> >would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    >> >DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    >> >altered.
    >> >

    >> Sorry, but that's rubbish. Many DVD players can be made region free,
    >> or the region changed from the remote control.
    >>
    >> What's the make and model of the DVD player?

    Will need the actual model number.
    DB, Sep 6, 2005
  9. Wayne Kerr

    bigredfred Guest

    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

    bigredfred, Sep 6, 2005
  10. Wayne Kerr

    me Guest

    "Wayne Kerr" <> wrote in message
    > All DVDs have a region code.
    > Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
    > in any dvd player in Europe and America.
    >
    > I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
    > laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
    > player as my daughter is now living in America

    A Couple of options.
    Use DVD Shrink to rip the movie and burn it to a blank DVD. Shrink can
    remove the region code,and allow the backup to be watched normally.
    DVD Shrink can be downloaded free at http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
    DVD burner also required.

    Someone else here said you need a dual layer DVD burner,which is bollocks.
    You can use a regular burner as most DVD's can be shrunk to fit on a 4.7GB
    disc,hence no need for dual layer.

    Another option is to find out the exact model of the DVD player,then go here
    :
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=apex&hits=200&Search=Search
    and see if anyone has posted a region-code hack for that machine.If it is a
    new model,chances are nobody has yet found a hack for it though.
    Sometimes,hacks for similar models work in machines of the same brand.
    me, Sep 7, 2005
  11. Wayne Kerr

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    Make and model
    Apex AT 2014DV 20 Inch

    Wayne Kerr, Sep 7, 2005
  12. Wayne Kerr

    DB Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:16:26 GMT, "Wayne Kerr" <>
    wrote:

    >Make and model
    >Apex AT 2014DV 20 Inch

    -clip-

    Sorry, searched the web a little, didn't find anything for that model.
    DB, Sep 7, 2005
  13. Wayne Kerr

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    www.apexdigitalinc.com

    Wayne Kerr, Sep 7, 2005
  14. Wayne Kerr

    Knackered Guest

    "Wayne Kerr" <> wrote in message
    > All DVDs have a region code.
    > Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
    > in any dvd player in Europe and America.
    >
    > I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
    > laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
    > player as my daughter is now living in America

    For PC/Mac use The software you require is "DVD Genie"
    It is freeware and simple to use.
    It allows any region coded DVD to be played back on any
    "region locked" drive on a PC/Mac. Download from:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_dvdgenie_44.html

    For standalone set-top DVD players there are numerous sites offering
    solutions for multi-region playback, the most common "crack" is typing
    specific code into the remore control, try by Make and model number here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php

    Also try this site as long as you are configured to block activeX,
    Do NOT click to accept activeX download, if you are not sure then
    DON't Try this site (Though it has some excellent cracks/hacks)
    http://crack.crackfound.com/crack_serial/dvd region free.html

    For DVD players where a handset crack dosen't function
    there are apps that will do it, but Not free:
    http://www.m-99.co.uk/Multiregion_DVD/multiregion_dvd.html
    Knackered, Sep 7, 2005
  15. Wayne Kerr

    Knackered Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message

    > No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    > code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    > would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    > DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    > altered.

    Totally Inaccurate and unhelpful.
    Elsewhere in this thread I've posted the solution.
    Knackered, Sep 7, 2005
  16. Wayne Kerr

    DB Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:18:26 GMT, "Wayne Kerr" <>
    wrote:

    >www.apexdigitalinc.com
    >
    >"DB" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:16:26 GMT, "Wayne Kerr" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Make and model
    >> >Apex AT 2014DV 20 Inch
    >> >

    >> -clip-
    >>
    >> Sorry, searched the web a little, didn't find anything for that model.

    Sorry, what I meant was I wasn't able to find any information on a
    region free hack.

    For most players you can get around the region encoding - but either
    you can't for your player, or nobody knows about it.

    But since DVD players are so cheap, it's possibly an option for your
    daughter to go buy one.

    I know in the UK you can get one for 40 quid. I'd imagine it's not a
    lot more in the States.

    Just make sure it's one that can be made region free.
    DB, Sep 7, 2005
  17. Wayne Kerr

    gangle Guest

    "Knackered" wrote

    > "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > >>

    > > No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    > > code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    > > would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    > > DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    > > altered.
    > >

    > Totally Inaccurate and unhelpful.
    > Elsewhere in this thread I've posted the solution.

    Saying that what I said is "Totally innacurate" is, in
    itself, totally innacurate. My saying that DVD players
    cannot be altered is true with respect that they are not
    SUPPOSED to be altered; remote control codes can
    work in some cases, but that is far from universally available.
    As for cracks that can be purchased, I know nothing about,
    but it "sounds" like a buyer-beware kind of situation.
    So I was neither "totally innacurate" nor unhelpful.

    You, on the other hand, are smarmy and overly judgmental.
    I'm not some just-off-the-truck newbie, but someone who has
    given thousands of advice posts to this NG over many years
    that have been 99+% accurate. If I'm mistaken on one aspect,
    clarify that aspect -- that's fine -- then everyone benefits. But your
    ridiculous, blanket condemnation amounted to a wad of holier-than
    -thou bullshit. So, stick your "I have arrived to save the day"
    attitude up your egotistical ass.
    gangle, Sep 7, 2005
  18. Wayne Kerr

    rossette Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > "Knackered" wrote
    >>
    >> "gangle" <> wrote in message
    >> >>
    >> > No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
    >> > code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
    >> > would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
    >> > DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
    >> > altered.
    >> >

    >> Totally Inaccurate and unhelpful.
    >> Elsewhere in this thread I've posted the solution.

    > Saying that what I said is "Totally innacurate" is, in
    > itself, totally innacurate. My saying that DVD players
    > cannot be altered is true with respect that they are not
    > SUPPOSED to be altered; remote control codes can
    > work in some cases, but that is far from universally available.
    > As for cracks that can be purchased, I know nothing about,
    > but it "sounds" like a buyer-beware kind of situation.
    > So I was neither "totally innacurate" nor unhelpful.
    >
    > You, on the other hand, are smarmy and overly judgmental.
    > I'm not some just-off-the-truck newbie, but someone who has
    > given thousands of advice posts to this NG over many years
    > that have been 99+% accurate. If I'm mistaken on one aspect,
    > clarify that aspect -- that's fine -- then everyone benefits. But your
    > ridiculous, blanket condemnation amounted to a wad of holier-than
    > -thou bullshit. So, stick your "I have arrived to save the day"
    > attitude up your egotistical ass.

    But you did get it wrong and you didn't know and your advice was indeed
    unhelpful and the poster knackered
    did post a solution that you did not know about, and you are very sulky as
    well as being inaccuarte, tut tut tut.
    rossette, Sep 7, 2005
  19. Wayne Kerr

    trout Guest

    rossette wrote:

    > But you did get it wrong and you didn't know and your advice was
    > indeed unhelpful and the poster knackered
    > did post a solution that you did not know about, and you are very
    > sulky as well as being inaccuarte, tut tut tut.

    So, is being 'helpful' such a rare wonder that he has to run up and
    down the thread yapping at other people? What is the point of this,
    other than to display childish self-satisfaction? Should no one bother
    offering an answer unless they know it is the one true answer wtitten in
    stone, or they have to put up with some yappy punk bleating at them? Why
    would anyone bother?
    And speaking of which, just who the hell are you? Does this snotty
    little critique comprise some sort of 'helpfulness' in your mind? It's
    one thing to be inaccurate in one instance, it's quite another to be
    totally useless.
    --
    And annoying while you're at your business of doing nothing.
    trout, Sep 7, 2005
  20. Wayne Kerr

    rossette Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > rossette wrote:
    >
    >> But you did get it wrong and you didn't know and your advice was
    >> indeed unhelpful and the poster knackered
    >> did post a solution that you did not know about, and you are very
    >> sulky as well as being inaccuarte, tut tut tut.

    > So, is being 'helpful' such a rare wonder that he has to run up and
    > down the thread yapping at other people? What is the point of this,
    > other than to display childish self-satisfaction? Should no one bother
    > offering an answer unless they know it is the one true answer wtitten in
    > stone, or they have to put up with some yappy punk bleating at them? Why
    > would anyone bother?
    > And speaking of which, just who the hell are you? Does this snotty
    > little critique comprise some sort of 'helpfulness' in your mind? It's
    > one thing to be inaccurate in one instance, it's quite another to be
    > totally useless.
    > --
    > And annoying while you're at your business of doing nothing.

    The very thing you accuse others of but you are the biggest culprit as can
    be seen with your petulent and pompous rant! I think it can be safely
    assumed that you are another who gets it wrong.
    rossette, Sep 7, 2005