    laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the region for a DVD player or
    is it always configured for a specific region...?

    Thanks for your inputs...

    ssb, Oct 15, 2005

  2. ssb

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "ssb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any way of playing region-2 DVDs on region-1 DVD player in a
    > laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the region for a DVD player
    > or
    > is it always configured for a specific region...?

    Most computer drives can have their regions changed a maximum of 5
    times, and then will lock into whatever the last region chosen was.

    A better option would be to purchase and install a program called DVD
    Region + CSS Free from this site:

    http://www.dvdidle.net/

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 15, 2005

  3. ssb

    Lithurge Guest

    "ssb" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way of playing region-2 DVDs on region-1 DVD
    > player in a laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the
    > region for a DVD player or is it always configured for a
    > specific region...?
    >
    > Thanks for your inputs...

    If you use one of the software players it supports then you
    may want to try Remote Selector:

    http://www.remoteselector.com/

    I've been using this since I got a new machine with a non
    region free drive, it saves the hassle of having to flash the
    bios.

    Lithurge, Oct 15, 2005
  4. ssb

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Joshua Zyber () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > A better option would be to purchase and install a program called DVD
    > Region + CSS Free from this site:
    >
    > http://www.dvdidle.net/

    I prefer AnyDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html), since it provides
    the functionality of DVD Idle Pro at the price of DVD Region+CSS Free.
    AnyDVD is also slightly faster at updates for the various "unreadable
    sectors" protection systems.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "These are not scraps. These are historic

    Jeff Rife, Oct 15, 2005
  5. ssb

    ssb Guest

    Thanks all of you for your response...!!

    ssb, Oct 16, 2005
  6. ssb

    dbf Guest

    I have the same question, but i have a Mac laptop! Any ideas??

    dbf, Oct 16, 2005