    TIA
    --
    Z-REX

    Wanderer, Dec 25, 2005

  2. Wanderer

    Patty Winter Guest

    In article <>,
    Wanderer <> wrote:
    >Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
    >US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
    >I can recode it for region-free?

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
    That would be a good place to check on available modifications
    for a specific model. I used the site to help me select a DVD
    player that I could make region free with the remote. Some of
    them need hardware modifications, and some can't be modified
    at all. If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
    should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
    those.

    Patty

    Patty Winter, Dec 26, 2005

  3. Wanderer

    Wanderer Guest

    Patty Winter wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Wanderer <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
    >>US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
    >>I can recode it for region-free?

    > http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
    > That would be a good place to check on available modifications
    > for a specific model. I used the site to help me select a DVD
    > player that I could make region free with the remote. Some of
    > them need hardware modifications, and some can't be modified
    > at all. If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
    > should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
    > those.

    Thanks, but I have already bought and paid for it.

    --
    Z-REX

    Wanderer, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Wanderer

    Mike Bird Guest

    "Wanderer" <> wrote in message
    > Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
    > US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
    > I can recode it for region-free?
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > TIA
    > --
    > Z-REX

    What is the model number of the player. Insignia have a number of models
    out on the market.

    The term for modifying a DVD player to play all regions is 'hacking' and
    this can very often be done by just using the remote control to go to a menu
    that is not shown in the instruction book but can be pulled up with a four
    or five number code being pressed on the remote.

    Michael

    Mike Bird, Dec 26, 2005
  5. Wanderer

    Wanderer Guest

    Mike Bird wrote:
    > "Wanderer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
    >>US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
    >>I can recode it for region-free?
    >>
    >>Help!
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>--
    >>Z-REX

    > What is the model number of the player. Insignia have a number of models
    > out on the market.
    >
    > The term for modifying a DVD player to play all regions is 'hacking' and
    > this can very often be done by just using the remote control to go to a menu
    > that is not shown in the instruction book but can be pulled up with a four
    > or five number code being pressed on the remote.

    PDVD10 - that would be what I am looking for! Thanks.
    --
    Z-REX

    Wanderer, Dec 26, 2005
  6. Wanderer

    Patty Winter Guest

    In article <>,
    Wanderer <> wrote:

    >Patty Winter wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
    >> That would be a good place to check on available modifications
    >> for a specific model.
    >>
    >> If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
    >> should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
    >> those.

    >Thanks, but I have already bought and paid for it.

    Perhaps you only read the last portion of my message. In the
    first sentence, I recommended a place that should tell you how
    to modify the unit you bought if indeed it can be made region-free.

    Patty

    Patty Winter, Dec 26, 2005
  7. Wanderer

    Bratboy Guest

    Bratboy, Dec 26, 2005
  8. Wanderer

    Bratboy Guest

    "Wanderer" <> wrote in message
    > Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
    > US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
    > I can recode it for region-free?
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > TIA
    > --
    > Z-REX

    Region code hack posted by ps_aurora, September 24 2005:
    The following hack also works for the Mintek MDP-1020/MDP-1060:

    1. Power on
    2. Open disc tray

    With remote control:
    3. Press Setup
    4. Select Preferences
    5. Enter 253135
    6. Press Left Arrow
    7. Press Down Arrow
    (you should be seeing "REGION CODE 1" now)

    8. Press 10/0 to set REGION CODE to 0
    9. Press Setup (and it's done!)

    Bratboy, Dec 26, 2005