    if I only know their title?

    Finally, is there any recommended region-free DVD player?

    Cheers!
    MrSL, Dec 5, 2003

  2. MrSL

    Con Guest

    > Is there any web site with a database of region 2 DVDs that could
    > tell in which languages is dubbed each film?
    > Or, at least, how I can know which languages are included in each

    DVD
    > if I only know their title?
    > Finally, is there any recommended region-free DVD player?

    First of all, why do you assume that Region 2 DVDs are "dubbed"
    editions? If you get a Region 2 version of "The Matrix," it will be
    in American English. If you get a Region 2 version of "The Office,"
    they'll be speakin' bloody King's English. The number of actual
    dubbed Region 2 discs (in terms of total percentage sold) is likely
    pretty low indeed, I would imagine, and in fact there may even be
    fewer 'dubbed' Region 2 discs that Region 1 discs. Ya never know.

    Some of the British-based DVD sites (blackstar.co.uk or amazon.co.uk)
    might include SOME language option info for SOME specific titles. If
    you had one or two discs that you were wondering about, I am sure if
    you posted their titles in the newsgroup, somebody there would be
    happy to help you out. Good luck!

    Con
    Con, Dec 6, 2003

  3. MrSL

    Codswallop Guest

    On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:31:28 GMT, Con wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> Is there any web site with a database of region 2 DVDs that could
    >> tell in which languages is dubbed each film?
    >> Or, at least, how I can know which languages are included in each DVD
    >> if I only know their title? Finally, is there any recommended
    >> region-free DVD player?

    > First of all, why do you assume that Region 2 DVDs are "dubbed"
    > editions?

    Region 2 DVDs are released in the UK, most of Europe, and Japan.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)
    Codswallop, Dec 6, 2003
  4. On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:31:28 -0500, "Con"
    <> wrote:

    >> Is there any web site with a database of region 2 DVDs that could
    >> tell in which languages is dubbed each film?
    >> Or, at least, how I can know which languages are included in each

    >DVD
    >> if I only know their title?
    >> Finally, is there any recommended region-free DVD player?

    >First of all, why do you assume that Region 2 DVDs are "dubbed"
    >editions? If you get a Region 2 version of "The Matrix," it will be
    >in American English.

    And in the case of the first Dutch batch of DVDs also German, and in
    the later batch also French.

    > If you get a Region 2 version of "The Office,"
    >they'll be speakin' bloody King's English.

    As well as French, German, Italian and Spanish.

    There is no one region 2, just like there is no one Region 1. Canadian
    releases are often different from US.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 6, 2003
  5. On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:31:51 +0100, Mischa van Dinter
    <> wrote:

    >> If you get a Region 2 version of "The Office,"
    >>they'll be speakin' bloody King's English.

    >As well as French, German, Italian and Spanish.

    Oops, read that as Office Space, my bad...

    Point is still valid though ;-)

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 6, 2003