    free discs like the Criterions)?
    I'm paying a visit soon so if anyone can recommend anywhere I'd be grateful.
    Thanks.
    Monster Mash, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Monster Mash

    New Site Guest

    London (UK) is a region 2 so you may not get discs in the shops but try the
    internet:

    www.play247.com
    www.cd-wow.com
    www.amazon.com

    You find loads of region 1 dvd's there a lot cheaper then they are in the
    shops

    "Monster Mash" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know if there is a shop in London that sells region 1 DVDs (or

    region

    New Site, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Monster Mash

    Clare Quilty Guest

    The Cinema Store (stupidly high prices) at Orion House just off Leicester
    Sq.

    The LaserDisc Shop at Nottinghill Gate. I think it's Needham Road ... I know
    how to get there, but no clue of the street names! Their number is 020 7243
    3142.

    Is Cinema World in South Kensington still going?

    All the above sell Region 1 titles.

    --
    N. B. To reply to me, remove a word in my email address after the at symbol,
    to leave the name of a popular MS-owned web mail service!
    Clare Quilty, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Monster Mash

    Jens Thomsen Guest

    "Clare Quilty" <> skrev i en meddelelse

    > The Cinema Store (stupidly high prices) at Orion House just off Leicester
    > Sq.
    >
    > The LaserDisc Shop at Nottinghill Gate. I think it's Needham Road ... I

    know
    > how to get there, but no clue of the street names! Their number is 020

    7243
    > 3142.
    >
    > Is Cinema World in South Kensington still going?
    >
    > All the above sell Region 1 titles.

    I thought the selling of region 1 titles were illegal in the UK due to the
    lack of BBFC classification?

    /Jens
    Jens Thomsen, Oct 27, 2003
  5. "Jens Thomsen" <> wrote in message

    > I thought the selling of region 1 titles were illegal in the UK due to the
    > lack of BBFC classification?
    >
    > /Jens

    The Cinema Store have been doing this for years. They stick their own
    certificate stickers on the boxes, or I think they did last time I was
    there.

    The Unnaturalist.
    The Unnaturalist, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Monster Mash

    Jens Thomsen Guest

    "The Unnaturalist" <> skrev i en meddelelse

    > The Cinema Store have been doing this for years. They stick their own
    > certificate stickers on the boxes, or I think they did last time I was
    > there.

    I seem to remember that, yeah. They are extremely expensive, right? I think
    I have been there and browsing through their selecion of Criterions, which
    were in the same price category as a small car in some countries.

    What about the European Union? According to some new anti-piracy act, the
    selling of DVD's from other regions was prohibited here in Denmark in
    January. At least so we were told. It is still legal for anyone to purchase
    the discs on the net and import them for personal use, though.

    /Jens
    Jens Thomsen, Oct 28, 2003
  7. Monster Mash

    Bullock Guest

    Yes. I know one.

    Bullock, Oct 28, 2003
  8. Monster Mash

    Chris Ashby Guest

    "The Unnaturalist" <> wrote in message
    > "Jens Thomsen" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I thought the selling of region 1 titles were illegal in the UK due to

    the
    > > lack of BBFC classification?
    > >
    > > /Jens

    > The Cinema Store have been doing this for years. They stick their own
    > certificate stickers on the boxes, or I think they did last time I was
    > there.

    This is also illegal.
    Chris Ashby, Oct 29, 2003
  9. Monster Mash

    Larry Gold Guest

    they don't stick anything on their boxes, but they do put the prices up very
    high
    £30 for a normal DVD
    £70 for Indy Jones
    £130 for Battlestar G
    but they are always busy, surprised no other shop has got in on the act

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Nov 3, 2003