    true, and what movies so far have taken advantage of this "security
    feature"?

    Eric

    Eric, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Eric

    erik Guest

    "Eric" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I have read in a magazine of some sort that they are starting to make
    > some region 1 dvds unplayable on unlocked or region 0 players. Is this
    > true, and what movies so far have taken advantage of this "security
    > feature"?
    >
    > Eric

    It's called RCE - Regional Coding Enhancement. Have a look at
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

    You need a player, where you can select region manually.

    erik

    erik, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Eric

    Trevor S Guest

    "erik" <> wrote in news::

    <snip>

    > You need a player, where you can select region manually.

    This is a misnomer, my auto regio mod'd Pioneer plays RCE disks fine, you
    simply need a player with a decent auto region mod. It works becuase RCE
    so far is confined to R1 and the way a decent auto region mod works.

    That being said, some auto region mods don't work properly but this
    shortcoming can still can be overcome by inserting a non RCE R1 disc in the
    player before inserting the RCE R1 disk.

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein

    Trevor S, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Eric

    Biz Guest

    Eric wrote:

    > I have read in a magazine of some sort that they are starting to make
    > some region 1 dvds unplayable on unlocked or region 0 players. Is this
    > true, and what movies so far have taken advantage of this "security
    > feature"?
    >
    > Eric

    They are called RCE titles, and they are pretty muc h in R1 only. Many
    region free hacks will not play them. If your player allows you to
    manually choose the region, then you can set it to region 1 and those
    RCE disks should play fine. Do a google search for RCE DVD and you
    should find all the info you want to know.

    Biz, Apr 27, 2004