    PS: we use:
    winXP sp2
    Symantec 10.1.5.500
    carlo, Nov 16, 2007

  2. carlo

    Guest

    carlo <> wrote:

    >Hello all
    >
    >I'm trying to write a .reg file to change the settings on our PC's.
    >I almost finished, but now I need to set the settings for the symantec
    >liveUpdate configuration. Does anyone have any experience with that?
    >I tried to regmon the whole thing, but I don't find anything. It
    >doesnt
    >seem, that anything is written in the regestry.

    >Symantec 10.1.5.500

    You need to add more registry entries for this!?

    Regmon is what you would use, might give Process Monitor a try, it's
    regmon and filemon together.
    www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processmonitor.mspx
    --

    Three young black men break into a white man's home in rural Northern California. The homeowner shoots two of them to death — but it's the
    surviving black man who is charged with murder.

  3. carlo

    carlo Guest

    Hi,

    sorry, i just reread my post and I think I didn't pay to much
    attention while writing it.

    At the moment, the setting of symantec LiveUpdate is on "use no proxy
    server" i would like to change that to: "use internet explorer
    settings".
    I figured if i can find out where Symantec stores this value in the
    registry i could change it with a .reg file.
    But I couldn't find out which Regkey symantec adjusts when i change
    this setting.

    Hope it's clear now, what key that I am looking for and how i would
    like to use this value.

    I will give Process Monitor a try.

    Thanks for responding

    Carlo