    faster. The blue screen errors were not happening all of the time so I am
    cautious to get too sure they are fixed. Anyone used RegCure and XoftSpySE
    or similar programs, do they help and really fix errors?
    Tara Legale, Apr 28, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    I have used a program called RegCleaner, which worked wonders. I had it on
    another PC a few years ago and haven't been able to come across since. You
    could do so much with it like search for and remove unused registry entries
    (which improved performance a LOT), modify file type associations (even the
    ones you normally can't), remove entries from the Control Panel's add/remove
    programs list (even when it seems impossible and you've already deleted the
    executables), and you could even add/edit/remove file types for the menu
    when you right click, select "New>" and have the list of programs (I have
    like 24 entries and can't find anything). That was a good program.

    Ernie

    Ernie Werbel, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    Tara Legale Guest

    The unusual thing about my program is that I did a scan. I shut down the
    computer and later started it up and for the heck of it did another scan.
    It found more things to remove. I thought this odd since it did a full scan
    and removed the unnecessary items earlier in the day. My computer indeed is
    a lot faster. I've restarted it four times and no more blue screen errors
    (knock on wood).
    Tara Legale, Apr 29, 2007
  4. Tara Legale

    Travis Guest

    You could try CrapCleaner (CCleaner). It's freeware, and has a registry
    repairer in it. Bittorrent always has those files you can't pay for... but
    I'm not advertising the use of it here.

    Travis, May 3, 2007
  5. Tara Legale

    Kyote Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:23:55 GMT, "Tara Legale"
    <> wrote:

    >I was having a ton of problems with periodic blue screen errors. I did a
    >search on the topic and the program RegCure and XoftSpySE came up. Being
    >desperate since Dell cust. svc. kept saying it was spyware and registry
    >related I put out the $40 for these two programs. It found numerous reg
    >key, start up, spyware and other programs which it removed. So far (knock
    >on wood) my computer has no blue screen errors and is starting up much
    >faster. The blue screen errors were not happening all of the time so I am
    >cautious to get too sure they are fixed. Anyone used RegCure and XoftSpySE
    >or similar programs, do they help and really fix errors?

    Had you asked before buying I would have said no, that they are junk.
    But that's mainly because I use certain programs like Spybot: Search &
    Destroy and CCleaner, which are freeware. I've been using these
    programs for quite a bit of time and they have never failed me.

    BUT, since you have already spent the money on them and they seem to
    have done the job for you I would not listen to what I say, or would
    have said. That old saying 'Actions speak louder than words' is not
    only true but it's something I live by. Which is also why I tend to go
    with my tried and true programs.

    I'm glad, and will also keep my fingers crossed for you too, that the
    programs seem to have fixed your BSD errors. I would still recommend
    going to the Dell web site and checking for driver updates for Windows
    XP SP2 though.
    ---
    Kyote
    Kyote, Jun 21, 2007