RegConnectRegistry failing in XP 64 bit with error 1326

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Manu, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Manu

    Manu Guest

    Hi All,

    I am facing one issue when I try to connect to remote registry from XP 64
    bit OS to XP 64 bit OS, both system is login as same user/password with
    administrative privilege. My code snap is given below and I am getting the
    error code 1326 (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.). Any
    one can help me how to solve this issue. Any idea what security changes.

    HKEY rhKey;
    char szIP[50]={0};
    strcpy(szIP,"\\\\192.168.2.141");
    if(RegConnectRegistry(szIP, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, &rhKey ) != ERROR_SUCCESS)
    {
    int err = GetLastError();
    printf("error : %d ", err);
    }