Regarding Star Wars Release

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Nick, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    FROM BBC WEBSITE. Know some info already been posted just thought
    would post this for interest

    DVD release for Star Wars trilogy

    Star Wars fans will be thrilled at the prospect of the DVD set
    The original Star Wars trilogy will be released on DVD for the first
    time in September, Lucasfilm has announced.
    Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi will be
    released as a four-disc box set, with bonus footage and improved picture and
    sound quality.

    Lucasfilm executive producer Jim Ward said he hoped the long-awaited
    DVDs would be "as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time".

    The DVDs will be followed by Star Wars: Episode 3, due in cinemas in
    May 2005.

    Everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star
    Wars Trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience

    Jim Ward, executive producer
    The trilogy will be released on 21 September in the US and Canada,
    with international release dates "following closely", Lucasfilm said.

    The set contains a bonus disc filled with new features, including a
    feature-length documentary said to be the most comprehensive ever produced
    about the Star Wars saga.

    It also includes previously unseen footage from the making of all
    three films.

    Each film has been digitally restored and re-mastered for superior
    sound and picture quality.

    The DVDs promise better picture quality than VHS
    The films will only be available as a collection, and the release will
    be greeted with delight by fans.

    They are the most frequently requested films for the DVD format,
    according to the official Star Wars website.

    Executive producer Mr Ward said: "We know how long fans have waited
    for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it.

    "So everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars
    trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience."

    Mr Ward said the DVDs would deliver "the very best possible sound and
    picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer".

    "On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside
    the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," he said.

    Fans were urged to check the official website over coming months for
    "more specific details

    Nick, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Nick

    Mike White Guest

    Thanks but I'll stick to the original movies and not those POS
    "special editiions" -- got these on DVDr at a really nice bootleg site
    - www.superhappyfun.com . :)

    - Mike White

    Mike White, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Nick

    JONA99 Guest

    Hey, thanks for that website. I already have the original trilogy, so I just
    ordered the Holiday Special. Will get My Best Friend's Birthday next... Thanks
    again!

    JONA99, Feb 15, 2004