    in .NET? Please give a immediate reply about my issue.

    with regards,
    Karthik.
    Karthik, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Karthik

    mk Guest

    Way back when MCP exams were first announced in beta, the
    VC++.Net betas were supposed to be just around the
    corner. I don't doubt MS support for VC++, but there
    have been massive changes to the VC++ product (increased
    ANSI compliance, very significant support for
    managed/unmanaged scenarios, and considerable
    improvements to ATL/OLEDB, among many others) so I
    suppose there are good reasons for the delay. Its still
    my language of choice and you can achieve things in
    VC++.Net that just can't be done otherwise, such as
    native code, custom marshalling, and mscorsvr GC, etc.
    I would recommend that you proceed with MCSD.Net
    (probably concentrating on C#), if VC++.Net exams appear
    circa June 30 2004, then you can always take those in
    addition. In any event, your exam qualifications only
    support a good resume, they don't make one and they
    certainly can't hurt so don't worry about your job
    domain. Best of luck.

    HTH,

    mk

    C++.
    >I planned to go for MCSD in Vc++ as it will be inline

    with
    >my domain. But I heard Microsoft will take out this exam
    >on June 30 2004. Should I go for Vc++ or in .NET ? I

    fear
    >taking .NET will change my domain of job entirely? Am i
    >right or will my exoerience in job still counts if I

    take

    mk, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Karthik

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Well put.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Karthik

    Joe Guest

    Yes, a lot better than your noisy contributions.

    Joe, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Karthik

    Ian Ringrose Guest

    The problem is that MCP exams never worked well for C++.

    The MCP exam is meant to test most things a programmer needs to do their
    job.

    However no 2 C++ programs use the same set of APIs.

    So the C++ client exam has the Win32, ALT, and MFC (+ .NET to be added)
    APIs on it. However no C++ programmer makes use of all 3 API. The exams
    therefore has to have a VERY low pass mark, or no one will pass.

    Due to the fact that C++ programmers are VERY complex, the hard part of the
    job is to understand the code you have to work with, not the Microsoft APIs.

    In other words, the C++ MCPs are VERY hard to pass, but meaningless in the
    real world.

    Ian Ringrose, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Karthik

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >So the C++ client exam has the Win32, ALT, and MFC (+ .NET to be added)
    >APIs on it. However no C++ programmer makes use of all 3 API.

    In other words the development is flexible.

    Just because a tool is feature rich, does mean an application must be
    build to use each and every feature.

    > The exams
    >therefore has to have a VERY low pass mark, or no one will pass.

    I agree the passing score for both 15 & 16 were ridiculously low.
    However I would imagine that most people who took the exams passed
    easily.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2003