    is installed.

    Thanks for any replies

    Lee
    Delete, Feb 15, 2005

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Delete wrote:

    > I read here that Mozilla is the combined version of Firebird and
    > Thunderbird or at least that is the way I understood it.

    You almost understood it correctly. See this page:

    http://www.ilias.ca/MozillavsFirefox.html

    Is there any
    > reason for installing Mozilla

    To try it and see if you like it better than the separate apps?

    and can you do it while the others are
    > still installed?

    Yes.

    When installed will it pick up the data from the other
    > versions such as mail, favorites and Bookmarks etc.?

    Yes.

    Does it delete the
    > other versions or are they required to be deleted manually. Just
    > curious as it seems there would be duplication of files etc when Mozilla
    > is installed.

    Your mail, bookmarks, and other personal settings are saved in a profile
    which will not be touched by installing Mozilla Suite.

    Neither will Mozilla Suite uninstall the actual FF and TB apps. You
    must do that manually using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    You can run all three apps simultaneously. Keep them all until you
    decide which one(s) you're going to settle on. Comparing them over time
    is really the only way to decide.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net