    comments?

    Thanks

    Lee
    Lee, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Lee

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Lee wrote:

    > Any tips? I keep getting this after reinstalling flash and shockwave
    > had a problem and had to delete mozilla 1.7.12 and reinstall everything
    > as my system restore never seems to work.
    >
    > I am assuming of course the best thing to do would be to start from
    > scratch and just format and reinstall from the beginning again. any
    > comments?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Lee

    Before you do anything drastic like reformatting and reinstalling there
    are some simple things you can do.

    It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
    (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
    new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If so,
    you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into the
    plugins folder.

    Let us know if you need more info/help to do this.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    PING ED M Regarding a "no menuitem" alert !

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
    > (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
    > new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If so,
    > you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into the
    > plugins folder.

    Hi Ed

    You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
    on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
    profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the only
    thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the old
    profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my bacon
    again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have guys
    like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.

    Lee
    Lee, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Lee

    gwtc Guest

    Re: PING ED M Regarding a "no menuitem" alert !

    Lee wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
    >> (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
    >> new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If
    >> so, you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into
    >> the plugins folder.

    > Hi Ed
    >
    > You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
    > on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
    > profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the only
    > thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the old
    > profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my bacon
    > again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have guys
    > like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.
    >
    > Lee

    close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
    one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
    and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one.
    This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.

    But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
    copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
    NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
    NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.

    Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.

    Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
    npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
    and npqtplugin7.dll

    Well, thats about all I can tell you.
    gwtc, Oct 6, 2005
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:
    >>
    >>> It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
    >>> (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
    >>> new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If
    >>> so, you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup
    >>> into the plugins folder.

    >> Hi Ed
    >>
    >> You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
    >> on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
    >> profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the
    >> only thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the
    >> old profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my
    >> bacon again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have
    >> guys like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
    > one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
    > and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one. This
    > is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
    >
    > But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
    > copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
    > NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
    > NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.
    >
    > Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
    >
    > Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
    > npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll, and
    > npqtplugin7.dll
    >
    > Well, thats about all I can tell you.

    Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.

    Lee
    Lee, Oct 6, 2005
  6. Lee

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Hi Ed
    >>>
    >>> You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said
    >>> and on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made
    >>> a new profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now
    >>> the only thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to
    >>> the old profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved
    >>> my bacon again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we
    >>> have guys like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to
    >>> help.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
    >> one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
    >> and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one.
    >> This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
    >>
    >> But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
    >> copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
    >> NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
    >> NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.
    >>
    >> Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
    >>
    >> Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
    >> npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
    >> and npqtplugin7.dll
    >>
    >> Well, thats about all I can tell you.

    > Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.
    >
    > Lee

    Glad you got the help you needed. Hey, as someone once said: We're all
    bozos on this bus!" ;-)

    (Mmm. As I think about it, dating myself, I think that was Firesign
    Theater circa 1972. Ewwww! Damn, I don't even wanna think about how old
    that makes me!)

    :-D

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Lee

    Stubby Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Lee wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the
    >>> new one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen
    >>> Moz and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next
    >>> one. This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
    >>>
    >>> But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
    >>> copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll,
    >>> NPJava13.dll, NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll,
    >>> NPJPI142_08.dll, and NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life
    >>> there easier.
    >>>
    >>> Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
    >>>
    >>> Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
    >>> npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
    >>> and npqtplugin7.dll
    >>>
    >>> Well, thats about all I can tell you.

    >> Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Glad you got the help you needed. Hey, as someone once said: We're all
    > bozos on this bus!" ;-)
    >
    > (Mmm. As I think about it, dating myself, I think that was Firesign
    > Theater circa 1972. Ewwww! Damn, I don't even wanna think about how old
    > that makes me!)

    I remember that and the reference to "SYSTAT" which came from Firesign
    Theater having seen a DEC PDP-10 display!
    Stubby, Oct 7, 2005