    strong measures to ensure it never collapses, Regal Entertainment Group
    Chief Executive Michael Campbell said on Wednesday.
    , Nov 30, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=dvd
    >
    > The "window" between a movie's theatrical release and its DVD release
    > will keep shrinking, but the top U.S. movie theater chain will take
    > strong measures to ensure it never collapses, Regal Entertainment Group
    > Chief Executive Michael Campbell said on Wednesday.

    What "strong measures?" Is Campbell threatening to hold his breath until
    his face turns blue? I work in this business, and I can tell you: NOBODY
    has less say in what the movie studios do than exhibitors. The studios
    will do EXACTLY as they please, and the theatres (including chains like
    Regal) will bend over and TAKE IT.

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein
    Geena Phillips, Jan 19, 2007