    hidden is there any way of getting the 20gigs back without reformatting it
    also if I have to fdisk it first what is the way in xp to do it . ie. what
    are the command in the c:// prompt? TIA
    news.ntlworld.com, Mar 27, 2008

  2. news.ntlworld.com

    philo Guest

    "news.ntlworld.com" <> wrote in message
    news:UEHGj.17698$...
    > I have a windows XP home edition PC that was a dual boot it has been

    turned
    > into windows XP solely now but the partition that was once linux 20gigs is
    > hidden is there any way of getting the 20gigs back without reformatting it
    > also if I have to fdisk it first what is the way in xp to do it . ie. what
    > are the command in the c:// prompt? TIA

    Use disk management

    delete the linux partitions , then recreate as desired and format NTFS
    philo, Mar 27, 2008

  3. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "news.ntlworld.com" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a windows XP home edition PC that was a dual boot it has been

    > turned
    >> into windows XP solely now but the partition that was once linux 20gigs
    >> is
    >> hidden is there any way of getting the 20gigs back without reformatting
    >> it
    >> also if I have to fdisk it first what is the way in xp to do it . ie.
    >> what
    >> are the command in the c:// prompt? TIA
    >>

    > Use disk management
    >
    > delete the linux partitions , then recreate as desired and format NTFS

    Thanks but how doI do This but do you mean windows will only format the
    linux partition or the whole PC?

    news.ntlworld.com, Mar 29, 2008

    news.ntlworld.com, Mar 29, 2008
  5. news.ntlworld.com

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "news.ntlworld.com" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have a windows XP home edition PC that was a dual boot it has been

    > > turned
    > >> into windows XP solely now but the partition that was once linux 20gigs
    > >> is
    > >> hidden is there any way of getting the 20gigs back without reformatting
    > >> it
    > >> also if I have to fdisk it first what is the way in xp to do it . ie.
    > >> what
    > >> are the command in the c:// prompt? TIA
    > >>

    > > Use disk management
    > >
    > > delete the linux partitions , then recreate as desired and format NTFS

    > Thanks but how doI do This but do you mean windows will only format the
    > linux partition or the whole PC?

    No...only delete the Linux partitions.

    (I don't think windows would even allow you to delete your windows
    partition)
    philo, Mar 29, 2008
  6. news.ntlworld.com

    Archer Guest

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:03:16 GMT, "news.ntlworld.com"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a windows XP home edition PC that was a dual boot it has been turned
    >into windows XP solely now but the partition that was once linux 20gigs is
    >hidden is there any way of getting the 20gigs back without reformatting it
    >also if I have to fdisk it first what is the way in xp to do it . ie. what
    >are the command in the c:// prompt? TIA

    Perhaps you can use Ranish's PART.EXE

    http://www.ranish.com/part/part240.zip

    Some leads here:
    http://members.tripod.com/~diligent/harddisk.htm

    (caveat: You must have a Floppy Drive and must boot to DOS. A suitable
    boot disk may be available at bootdisk.com)

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only