    I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all entries by
    who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    what it was or something similar?

    J.wilson, Feb 12, 2006

  2. J.wilson

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "J.wilson" <> wrote in message
    news:A%zHf.141557$...
    >I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all entries by
    > who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    > what it was or something similar?

    I use Regcleaner 4.2 by Jouni Vuorio

    i think its pretty good my self,
    lists by author, software, age
    also has several tabs, in it and does a one click automatic clean up of un
    used registry keys

    cheers
    KB

    Krazy Bob, Feb 12, 2006

  3. J.wilson

    J.wilson Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "J.wilson" <> wrote in message
    >>I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all entries by
    >> who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    >> what it was or something similar?
    >>

    > I use Regcleaner 4.2 by Jouni Vuorio
    >
    > i think its pretty good my self,
    > lists by author, software, age
    > also has several tabs, in it and does a one click automatic clean up of un
    > used registry keys
    >
    > cheers
    > KB

    Looks very much like the one I lost. :)
    Thanks very much KB

    A win98 machine I'm trying to clean has Ad-aware crashing at the
    same spot part way through a scan. This will help.

    J.wilson, Feb 12, 2006
  4. J.wilson

    Rob J Guest

    In article <A%zHf.141557$>,
    says...
    > I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all entries by
    > who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    > what it was or something similar?

    Could be a product called RegStudio by Microplanet?

    Rob J, Feb 12, 2006
  5. J.wilson

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "J.wilson" <> wrote in message
    >> I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all
    >> entries by who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    >> what it was or something similar?
    >>

    > I use Regcleaner 4.2 by Jouni Vuorio
    >
    > i think its pretty good my self,
    > lists by author, software, age
    > also has several tabs, in it and does a one click automatic clean up
    > of un used registry keys

    Graet proggy that, I've been using it for ages. However, I have version 4.3,
    build 780. There's probably a newer one available, it's been a while since I
    downloaded it.

    <Goes off to check>
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 12, 2006
  6. J.wilson

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "J.wilson" <> wrote in message
    >>> I used to have a registry editor for win98 that would list all
    >>> entries by who/what entered them and the date. Would anyone know
    >>> what it was or something similar?
    >>>

    >> I use Regcleaner 4.2 by Jouni Vuorio
    >>
    >> i think its pretty good my self,
    >> lists by author, software, age
    >> also has several tabs, in it and does a one click automatic clean up
    >> of un used registry keys

    > Graet proggy that, I've been using it for ages. However, I have
    > version 4.3, build 780. There's probably a newer one available, it's
    > been a while since I downloaded it.
    >
    > <Goes off to check>

    Nah, I see that JV has gone commercial and that 4.3.780 is the last
    available freeware version.

    Available from here:

    http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/

    Along with his last free version of jv16 Powertools which could well be
    worth a look. Going by how useful RegCleaner has been it could find it's way
    onto my indespensible list like RegCleaner.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 12, 2006
  7. J.wilson

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>> "J.wilson" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> I use Regcleaner 4.2 by Jouni Vuorio
    >>>
    >>> i think its pretty good my self,
    >>> lists by author, software, age
    >>> also has several tabs, in it and does a one click automatic clean up
    >>> of un used registry keys

    >> Graet proggy that, I've been using it for ages. However, I have
    >> version 4.3, build 780. There's probably a newer one available, it's
    >> been a while since I downloaded it.
    >>
    >> <Goes off to check>

    > Nah, I see that JV has gone commercial and that 4.3.780 is the last
    > available freeware version.
    >
    > Available from here:
    >
    > http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/
    >
    > Along with his last free version of jv16 Powertools which could well be
    > worth a look. Going by how useful RegCleaner has been it could find it's
    > way onto my indespensible list like RegCleaner.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Cheers
    Misfit