    A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found" Question is
    what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
    Oldgit
    oldgit, Oct 15, 2004

  2. oldgit

    WormWood Guest

    "oldgit" <> wrote in message
    news:ckn2va$7l6$...
    |A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found"
    Question is
    | what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
    | Oldgit

    I have a similar problem for which no permanent solution has yet been
    found, except to remove the tick in the reference to the message shown
    in the error message on start up. Run / msconfig/Startup. To do this is
    not considered a fix. It should only be used for diagnostics and
    trouble-shooting but can be used for the short term if you must.
    WormWood, Oct 15, 2004

  3. oldgit

    oldgit Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    > "oldgit" <> wrote in message
    > |A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found"
    > Question is
    > | what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
    > | Oldgit
    >
    > I have a similar problem for which no permanent solution has yet been
    > found, except to remove the tick in the reference to the message shown
    > in the error message on start up. Run / msconfig/Startup. To do this is
    > not considered a fix. It should only be used for diagnostics and
    > trouble-shooting but can be used for the short term if you must.

    I found Regmon32 referred to in MSCONFIG. A Google search on Regmon32 came
    up with this on the Symantic web site.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.tresso.a.html
    Oldgit
    oldgit, Oct 15, 2004