    Has anyone experience of Fuji Refurbished cameras?
    It seems a good buy and I am tempted
    Blair

    bm, Dec 8, 2008

  2. bm

    Marty Fremen Guest

    "bm" <> wrote:

    > Has anyone experience of Fuji Refurbished cameras?
    > It seems a good buy and I am tempted

    I've not tried those but I've bought other "refurbished" electronics
    products including a camera and they always seem to be brand new though not
    always in original packaging, I think they tend to be returned goods
    (bought on approval etc) that have been sent back to the manufacturer to be
    checked out before being sold on again.

    The only thing to watch out for is that the warantee may only be 6 months.
    Also if something is an old model, bear in mind that L-ion batteries only
    have an expected life of 3 years from manufacture so if it uses such a
    battery it may need replacing sooner than you expect.

    Marty Fremen, Dec 9, 2008

  3. bm

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Allan Hainesford (aka Vern/Keoeeit/anti-dslr-troll/Casiobear) wrote:
    > On 09 Dec 2008 00:55:11 GMT, Marty Fremen <> wrote:
    >
    >> "bm" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone experience of Fuji Refurbished cameras?
    >>> It seems a good buy and I am tempted

    >> I've not tried those but I've bought other "refurbished" electronics
    >> products including a camera and they always seem to be brand new though not
    >> always in original packaging, I think they tend to be returned goods
    >> (bought on approval etc) that have been sent back to the manufacturer to be
    >> checked out before being sold on again.
    >>
    >> The only thing to watch out for is that the warantee may only be 6 months.
    >> Also if something is an old model, bear in mind that L-ion batteries only
    >> have an expected life of 3 years from manufacture so if it uses such a
    >> battery it may need replacing sooner than you expect.

    > That's net-parroted nonsense (as is most of the information in this newsgroup).
    > I have 3 Li-Ion batteries for cameras that are all over 5 years old.

    Given that he spends his entire life trolling rather than taking
    pictures, that sounds about right. The only thing worse than
    net-parroted nonsense is a fool who thinks the plural of anecdote is
    data, and thinks he speaks for others.

    Are there any personality disorders this guy *doesn't* have?

    Mark Thomas, Dec 9, 2008
  4. bm

    bm Guest

    "Marty Fremen" <> wrote in message
    > "bm" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone experience of Fuji Refurbished cameras?
    >> It seems a good buy and I am tempted

    > I've not tried those but I've bought other "refurbished" electronics
    > products including a camera and they always seem to be brand new though
    > not
    > always in original packaging, I think they tend to be returned goods
    > (bought on approval etc) that have been sent back to the manufacturer to
    > be
    > checked out before being sold on again.
    >
    > The only thing to watch out for is that the warantee may only be 6 months.
    > Also if something is an old model, bear in mind that L-ion batteries only
    > have an expected life of 3 years from manufacture so if it uses such a
    > battery it may need replacing sooner than you expect.

    Thanks for your help
    Blair

    bm, Dec 10, 2008
  5. bm

    bm Guest

    "bm" <> wrote in message

    > "Marty Fremen" <> wrote in message
    >> "bm" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone experience of Fuji Refurbished cameras?
    >>> It seems a good buy and I am tempted

    >> I've not tried those but I've bought other "refurbished" electronics
    >> products including a camera and they always seem to be brand new though
    >> not
    >> always in original packaging, I think they tend to be returned goods
    >> (bought on approval etc) that have been sent back to the manufacturer to
    >> be
    >> checked out before being sold on again.
    >>
    >> The only thing to watch out for is that the warantee may only be 6
    >> months.
    >> Also if something is an old model, bear in mind that L-ion batteries only
    >> have an expected life of 3 years from manufacture so if it uses such a
    >> battery it may need replacing sooner than you expect.

    > Thanks for your help
    > Blair

    I have now bought a refurbished F100 and am very pleased with it. When I
    asked Fuji if they had upgraded the firmware they said they did not know but
    told me it was easy to upgrade.
    How do I Know if the upgrade has been done?
    Blair

    bm, Dec 16, 2008
  6. bm

    Mark Thomas Guest

    bm wrote:
    > "bm" <> wrote in message
    >> "Marty Fremen" <> wrote in message

    >>> I've not tried those but I've bought other "refurbished" electronics
    >>> products including a camera and they always seem to be brand new though
    >>> not
    >>> always in original packaging, I think they tend to be returned goods
    >>> (bought on approval etc) that have been sent back to the manufacturer to
    >>> be
    >>> checked out before being sold on again.
    >>>
    >>> The only thing to watch out for is that the warantee may only be 6
    >>> months.
    >>> Also if something is an old model, bear in mind that L-ion batteries only
    >>> have an expected life of 3 years from manufacture so if it uses such a
    >>> battery it may need replacing sooner than you expect.

    >> Thanks for your help
    >> Blair

    > I have now bought a refurbished F100 and am very pleased with it. When I
    > asked Fuji if they had upgraded the firmware they said they did not know but
    > told me it was easy to upgrade.
    > How do I Know if the upgrade has been done?
    > Blair

    By visiting Fujifilm.com and clicking about 4 times - here's one I
    prepared earlier (O:

    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital/download/f100fd/fupd.html

    Go down a bit and look carefully.

    Mark Thomas, Dec 16, 2008
  7. bm

    bm Guest

    "Mark Thomas" <markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com> wrote in message
    > bm wrote:
    >> "bm" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Marty Fremen" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for your help
    >>> Blair

    >> I have now bought a refurbished F100 and am very pleased with it. When I
    >> asked Fuji if they had upgraded the firmware they said they did not know
    >> but told me it was easy to upgrade.
    >> How do I Know if the upgrade has been done?
    >> Blair

    > By visiting Fujifilm.com and clicking about 4 times - here's one I
    > prepared earlier (O:
    >
    > http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital/download/f100fd/fupd.html
    >
    > Go down a bit and look carefully.

    Thanks for your help. I had a look and it looked quite daunting procedure
    The memory card I have ordered is in the post so I cannot check the status
    until I fit the card]
    Will let you know the outcome
    Blair

    bm, Dec 16, 2008