    Does anyone have any experience with a refurbished model?

    thanx,
    Mark
    Mark C, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Mark C

    Dreamer Guest

    "Mark C" <> wrote in message
    news:bgrmhc$rpdr6$-berlin.de...

    > I noticed that B&H is selling refurbished Epson 2200's......they are $100
    > less...than a new one.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with a refurbished model?

    I bought mine from Epson directly for $549.00:

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=32991459

    They're out of stock right now, but they get in batches every few days. Free
    shipping, free USB cable, and unless you live in Indiana, no sales tax. Same
    warranty as a new printer. You can't beat it with a stick.

    When mine arrived, for some reason it wouldn't recognize black ink carts.
    Epson said, "Go buy a new cart, and if that works, we'll send you another
    one. If it doesn't, we'll send you a new printer." I did, it didn't, they
    did. The next day I had a *new* printer - not another refurb, a *new* one.
    That's all they had in the fulfillment warehouse, I guess. They
    cross-shipped it - I just unpacked the new one, put the old one in the box,
    and stuck the prepaid label on it. The UPS guy hadn't even gotten out of the
    neighborhood yet and took it back the same day. Oh, and by the way, we've
    got no use for opened ink carts, keep the ones that came with your old
    printer for your trouble, and the ones that are in the new box, well, you
    can have those too. $90 worth of ink for a few phone calls and five minutes
    of packing and unpacking? Sold!

    Now THAT is customer service.

    I have bought many refurbished peripherals (including several from Epson)
    and I've never regretted it.

    Dreamer, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Mark C

    Bob O`Bob Guest

    Dreamer wrote:

    > I have bought many refurbished peripherals (including several from Epson)
    > and I've never regretted it.

    I concur.

    My very first Epson, a Stylus Color 400, bought refurbished from
    the local MicroCenter, is still working fine for my brother.

    Bob
    Bob O`Bob, Aug 7, 2003