    I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!

    Thanks,
    Tripurari

    Tripurari Singh, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Tripurari Singh

    R2D2 Guest

    (Tripurari Singh) wrote

    > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!

    1. You might never get what you ordered....the time delay is supicious. Did
    you ask the "seller" why such a delay?

    2. I would stay way from refurbs in the digital camera market. Sensors have
    a short lifespans as it is.

    R2D2, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Tripurari Singh

    Tripod Guest

    > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tripurari

    I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
    while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
    month <G>

    Tripod, Apr 29, 2004
  4. "Tripod" <> wrote in message news:<c6r3i2$f7dpj$-berlin.de>...
    > > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Tripurari

    > I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
    > while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
    > month <G>

    Except that the seller has 5 years of good reviews. He could sacrifice
    it all for a one time scam, but is he likely to?

    -T

    Tripurari Singh, Apr 29, 2004
  5. Tripurari Singh wrote:

    > "Tripod" <> wrote in message news:<c6r3i2$f7dpj$-berlin.de>...
    > > > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Tripurari

    > > I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
    > > while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
    > > month <G>

    > Except that the seller has 5 years of good reviews. He could sacrifice
    > it all for a one time scam, but is he likely to?
    >
    > -T

    Of his last 13 transactions (since Sept 2003):
    Items he sold:
    1 neutral: <I have sent an email regarding shipment status but no reply
    from seller.>
    2 positives: <honest seller. offered a refund +$10 due to delay. thank
    you.>
    <Fantastic seller. Great transaction. Wonderful communication.>
    1 negative: <Equip. never worked, no refund or response, very upset w/
    seller :( :(>
    Items he bought:
    9 positives

    However, one of those positive feedbacks was for the sale of a Canon
    A80.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Apr 29, 2004
  6. Tripurari Singh

    wiley Guest

    (Tripurari Singh) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Someone's selling refurbished A80 + 256MB card + bag + tripod for $260
    > on ebay. He has over 20 of them. The only catch that I can see is end
    > of May shipping.
    >
    > <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30014&item=3812624621&rd=1>
    >
    > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tripurari

    I agree with the others, i sell on ebay, and there is a 30 day limit
    to file charge backs with paypal and ebay,(i believe), try to pay with
    a credit card, get his contact information ... why is he selling a
    month ahead of time, selling something he doesnt have. Go to Group:
    alt . marketing . online . ebay and ask around or ebay's web boards,
    sounds like a scam....

    wiley, Apr 30, 2004
  7. (wiley) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Tripurari Singh) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Someone's selling refurbished A80 + 256MB card + bag + tripod for $260
    > > on ebay. He has over 20 of them. The only catch that I can see is end
    > > of May shipping.
    > >
    > > <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30014&item=3812624621&rd=1>
    > >
    > > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Tripurari

    > I agree with the others, i sell on ebay, and there is a 30 day limit
    > to file charge backs with paypal and ebay,(i believe), try to pay with
    > a credit card, get his contact information ... why is he selling a
    > month ahead of time, selling something he doesnt have. Go to Group:
    > alt . marketing . online . ebay and ask around or ebay's web boards,
    > sounds like a scam....

    Thanks for your suggestions. I just looked through the seller's
    history, and it turns out that he had done the same thing twice in the
    last two months. He demands payment immediately and delivers after a
    month. No (serious) complaints so far. Perhaps he has a cash flow
    problem.

    -Tripurari

    Tripurari Singh, Apr 30, 2004