    R Adorno Guest

    I formatted my computer using format c: then fdisk. Now what . reboot with
    boot disk? D:install ? Iwant to do a clean install of win 2000 pro
    R Adorno, Sep 20, 2003

  2. R Adorno

    Danny Kile Guest

    R Adorno wrote:
    > I formatted my computer using format c: then fdisk. Now what . reboot with
    > boot disk? D:install ? Iwant to do a clean install of win 2000 pro

    The process is FDisks and then Format, not Format then FDisks.

    --
    Danny Kile
    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

    "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
    you." Mary Bly
    Danny Kile, Sep 20, 2003

  3. First of all, you got it backwards. You use FDISK first, then Format,
    not the other way around.

    Actually, you don't need to do any of that, however, as Win2K can do the
    format as an integral part of the installation, it's not necessary to do
    it separately first.

    The best way to install, in most cases, is to boot from the CD-ROM.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 20, 2003