    locally (0800 441 615) but they only have a Windos 3.1 recovery disk
    for my particular model.

    So, will my idea of using a regular W95 CD work
    Craig, Dec 17, 2003

  2. What model ?

    news.inspire.net.nz, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Craig

    Craig Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:06:24 +1300, "news.inspire.net.nz"
    <4free.co.nz> wrote:

    >What model ?

    Satellite Pro 430CDS
    Craig, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Craig

    pete Guest

    "Craig" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:06:24 +1300, "news.inspire.net.nz"
    > <4free.co.nz> wrote:
    >
    > >What model ?
    > >

    > Satellite Pro 430CDS

    Can't see why not. Locate all the drivers first, make your boot diskette,
    and go for it. The only thing that might be "different" (to a normal PC
    load) is that the hard drive might contain a separate hibernate partition
    (ie where it parks the contents of RAM when it goes to sleep. Run fdisk and
    see what you have to start with. I reloaded a Toshiba this way and got a
    pile of useful drivers from Toshiba Canada
    http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.htm
    pete, Dec 18, 2003