    How do I reformat a drive that had Windows XP PE on it? I want to sell a
    computer and want to be sure there is no personal information left on any of
    the hard drives.

    Mike Foster, May 21, 2005

  2. "Mike Foster" <> wrote in message
    news:d6nml0$nsk$...
    > How do I reformat a drive that had Windows XP PE on it? I want to sell a
    > computer and want to be sure there is no personal information left on any

    of
    > the hard drives.

    reformatting will not get rid of the files,(they can still be recovered) you
    need something like EAST-TEC ERASER, run this several times and it will
    corrupt all deleted and files on the unused space on the hard drive

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 21, 2005

  3. Mike Foster

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Mike Foster" wrote in message news:d6nml0$nsk$

    > How do I reformat a drive that had Windows XP PE on it? I want to
    > sell a computer and want to be sure there is no personal information
    > left on any of the hard drives.

    How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

    How to install or upgrade to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316941

    How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

    How to use Disk Management to configure basic disks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

    Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

    Dave Lear, May 21, 2005
  4. Mike Foster

    Guest Guest

    > How do I reformat a drive that had Windows XP PE on it? I want to sell
    > computer and want to be sure there is no personal information left on
    > any of
    > the hard drives.

    Visit http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/. It also has a wizard to create a
    bootable nuke floppy you can use to boot and wipe your disk. I would
    suspect ultimatebootcd.com to have similar utilities (if you want to use
    a bootable CD instead of a floppy).

    Guest, May 21, 2005