    told it had to be done.

    merci beaucoup

    jay
    Jay Hebert, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Jay Hebert

    philo Guest

    "Jay Hebert" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
    > drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I

    was
    > told it had to be done.
    >
    > merci beaucoup
    >
    > jay

    depends which OS

    if you are using XP and want to reinstall
    you can just boot with the cd and you will be given the option to format the
    drive

    if win98 you can use a cd support boot floppy
    (before you format the drive, confirm that you can read your cd)
    then issue the command format C:

    philo, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Jay Hebert

    Gordon BP Guest

    Jay Hebert wrote:

    > I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
    > drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I
    > was told it had to be done.
    >
    > merci beaucoup
    >
    > jay

    Who told you, and what problems are you having that "MIGHT" be solved by a
    reformat?

    --
    Linux User at Home since 8 October 2001
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Gordon BP, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Jay Hebert

    SgtMinor Guest

    Jay Hebert wrote:

    > I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
    > drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I was
    > told it had to be done.
    >
    > merci beaucoup
    >
    > jay

    There are often more problems created with a re-format than are solved.
    What's wrong with your system?
    SgtMinor, Jan 6, 2004