    I need to reformat a hard drive which has windows xp installed. I'd like to
    have a cd or floppy that I can boot to and do the format from there.

    Thanks for you help....

    Chuck, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Chuck

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Chuck wrote:
    > I need to reformat a hard drive which has windows xp installed. I'd like to
    > have a cd or floppy that I can boot to and do the format from there.
    >
    > Thanks for you help....

    Boot your PC from the XP CD, you can format from there.
    or put the HDD in another PC as a slve drive and use disk management to
    format it, and remove any partitions.

    Or get yourself http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    Ian Ozenthroat, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Chuck

    Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > I need to reformat a hard drive which has windows xp installed. I'd like to
    > have a cd or floppy that I can boot to and do the format from there.
    >
    > Thanks for you help....

    You don't format a hard drive. You format a partition. e.g. the C
    partition.
    XP CD will do it.

    I think the stuff at www.bootdisk.com are just standard Win9X boot
    disks, and will not let you format as NTFS. Anyhow, if you want to use
    them, boot off one, and run format c: /s
    , Apr 7, 2006