  1. i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
    pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
    tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.
    computer dude, Jul 16, 2006

  2. computer dude

    old man Guest

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html allthough it might
    depend also on where exactly the two win are installed

    old man, Jul 16, 2006

  3. computer dude

    Toolman Tim Guest

    computer dude wrote:
    > i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat
    > my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody
    > please tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

    Go here for step-by-step guides with screenshots:

    www.windowsreinstall.com

    Or click on the correct links below for your version:

    XP Home:
    http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/
    (you want Windows XP Home Old/Used Hard Drive Install/reinstall Guide for XP
    versions with SP1 or no service Pack if your disc is pre SP2, or Windows XP
    Home SP2 Old/Used Hard Drive Install/reinstall if your disc has SP2 on it)

    XP Pro:
    http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/
    (same note as above)

    XP X64:
    http://www.windowsxpprox64.windowsreinstall.com/
    (same note as above)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 16, 2006
  4. computer dude

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:28:56 -0400, "computer dude" <> wrote:

    >i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
    >pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
    >tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

    I can see a problem right away. You are typing in all lower case.
    To do a fresh XP install boot from the XP install disk and follow the prompts.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Jul 17, 2006
  5. On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
    <> wrote:

    > i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
    > pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
    > tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

    How can you call yourself "Computer Dude" when you don't even know how to
    reinstall fucking XP? Here, just boot from the damn XP and from the blue
    screen tell it to do a fresh installation, delete the old partition (it
    holds your hand through the hold damn thing) then install it. Let me
    guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from a 2 yr community
    college, right?
    Flatulence C Thwacker, Jul 17, 2006
  6. computer dude

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Flatulence C Thwacker wrote:
    > On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to
    >> reformat my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp.
    >> will somebody please tell me how just to verify that i doing it
    >> right.

    > Let me guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from
    > a 2 yr community college, right?

    Just about sums it up <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 17, 2006
  7. computer dude

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-17, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    > Flatulence C Thwacker wrote:
    >> On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to
    >>> reformat my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp.
    >>> will somebody please tell me how just to verify that i doing it
    >>> right.

    >> Let me guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from
    >> a 2 yr community college, right?

    > Just about sums it up <g>

    I know a CS major from a 2 yr CC who is a multi-millionaire for contributing
    to a famous piece of software.

    What about you, Dr. Einstein?

    --
    Your manuscript is both good and original, but the part that is good is not
    original and the part that is original is not good.
    Jimchip, Jul 17, 2006