    Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do was enter dos
    and type format c:

    OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start fresh.

    Grumpy, May 4, 2004

  2. Grumpy

    °Mike° Guest

    Enter the BIOS and set the CD as the first boot
    device. Boot with the Windows CD in the drive
    and follow the prompts -- you will have an option
    to format before installing.

    On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:42:47 GMT, in
    <bGBlc.2421$>
    Grumpy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 4, 2004

  3. Grumpy

    SgtMinor Guest

    "Performing a Clean Install of Windows XP:"

    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/honeycutt/02october07.asp

    And is this you?:

    Domain Name: GRUMPY.COM

    Registrant:
    Grumpy Industries
    702 East Center
    Alpine, Utah 84004
    United States

    If not, you may want to read about a proper address munge here:

    SgtMinor, May 4, 2004
  4. Grumpy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Grumpy" <> wrote in message
    > I give up.
    >
    > this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and reinstall

    Win
    > XP.
    >
    > Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do was enter

    dos
    > and type format c:
    >
    > OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start fresh.

    Dunno...how *do* ya smoke a hard drive...kind of hard to keep it lit, isn't
    it? Like smoking salmon...same problem...

    Toolman Tim, May 4, 2004
  5. Grumpy

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:

    > "Grumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> I give up.
    >>
    >> this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and
    >> reinstall

    > Win
    >> XP.
    >>
    >> Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do
    >> was enter

    > dos
    >> and type format c:
    >>
    >> OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start
    >> fresh.
    >>

    > Dunno...how *do* ya smoke a hard drive...kind of hard to keep it
    > lit, isn't it? Like smoking salmon...same problem...

    Smoked salmon.. very yummmy, sans green bits. ;)

    Boomer, May 4, 2004
  6. Grumpy

    Plato Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Smoked salmon.. very yummmy, sans green bits. ;)

    That was the very first sushi I ever ordered. If you order eel most
    often its cooked as well in a toaster oven. Very tasty.

    Plato, May 4, 2004