    Is it true that the Drums have limited life? How do I find the number of
    prints to change the drum?

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Jun 19, 2007

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Cub Guest

    "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    news:EqKdi.419$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Brother's MFC 7820N Laser Printer and have bought original Toners
    > so far. People buy Remanufactured Toners and I want to know how safe they
    > are to use? Any problems with them please?
    >
    > Some one is selling me for £25. How do I know that it is full with
    > powder, which is supposed to be 90gms?
    >
    > Also, the person was warning me about my printer's life. It says it does
    > 25,000 copies and then it starts missing words or faint.
    >
    > Is it true that the Drums have limited life? How do I find the number of
    > prints to change the drum?
    >
    > Rajinder

    Poor quality refills can "dump" excess toner inside your printer.

    do you have any reason to doubt the person selling the cart ... if so buy a
    new one

    yes drum do have a limited life, you need to do a status page, that might
    tell you what percentage of the drum life is left (check the manual for
    details how to produce a status message and drum life details etc.. no
    manual, download one)

    Cub

    Cub, Jun 19, 2007

  3. Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Brother's MFC 7820N Laser Printer and have bought original Toners so
    > far. People buy Remanufactured Toners and I want to know how safe they are
    > to use? Any problems with them please?
    >
    > Some one is selling me for £25. How do I know that it is full with powder,
    > which is supposed to be 90gms?
    >
    > Also, the person was warning me about my printer's life. It says it does
    > 25,000 copies and then it starts missing words or faint.
    >
    > Is it true that the Drums have limited life? How do I find the number of
    > prints to change the drum?

    Toner carts are trivial to refill, and if you're doing a lot of them the
    toner powder is extremely cheap. So I'd be surprised if someone
    short-changes you on toner. But yes, the cartridges have a limited
    life-span. You can usually see the difference if it's on its way out.
    All in all, before I'd pay nearly half the price of a new printer for a
    cartridge, I'd try a refill.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 19, 2007
  4. Hi,

    Can I buy a bottle of powder to refill myself? The powder must be specific.

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Jun 19, 2007
  5. Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I buy a bottle of powder to refill myself? The powder must be specific.

    Of course. Look on eBay. Or Google a bit, lots of toner on the market.
    Make sure they include the directions on how to do it, some carts are a
    little more complicated than others.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 19, 2007
  6. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Old Codger Guest

    Go to http://www.refilltoner.com/. They are good.

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Jun 19, 2007
  7. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Guest

    "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can I buy a bottle of powder to refill myself? The powder must be specific.

    Go to an office supply store, they usually have the toner in bottles.

    Hard part is finding the right one for your printer, the ingredients
    are listed for your confusion :) I know I was the first time.

    --

    http://lineage2.plaync.jp/l2fun/flashGame.aspx

    , Jun 20, 2007
  8. Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:

    > Can I buy a bottle of powder to refill myself?

    Unless you're very small it will probably take more than one bottle to
    refill yourself.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 20, 2007
  9. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Plato Guest

    Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:

    > I have Brother's MFC 7820N Laser Printer and have bought original Toners so
    > far. People buy Remanufactured Toners and I want to know how safe they are
    > to use? Any problems with them please?

    Sometimes they work just perfectly, somtimes not at all. You have to try
    a seller to see if the ones they sell actually work to your
    satisfaction.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 21, 2007