Ref: xphome network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Um95c3Rvbg==?=, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. The OS is XPhome
    I have 5 computers networked OK. How many drives will the OS support

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95c3Rvbg==?=, Jun 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um95c3Rvbg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Royston wrote:

    > The OS is XPhome
    > I have 5 computers networked OK. How many drives will the OS support

    It isn't clear what you are really asking. Do you want to know about
    inbound concurrent connection limits? Or how many physical hard drives
    XP Home will recognize?

    For the first item, see here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314882

    10 for XP Pro/Tablet/MCE
    5 for XP Home
    49 for SBS 2000
    74 for SBS 2003
    Unlimited for full Server O/Ses

    For the second item, I really don't know. I suppose you could stuff 4 or
    6 hard drives in a computer without the operating system caring. The
    limitations would be more hardware-related as in needing proper
    cooling.

    If this isn't what you wanted to know, please clarify your question. See
    this link for help in making a good newsgroup post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers