Redundant Connections

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by info, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. info

    info Guest

    Hello,

    I am in the process of implementing the above mentioned with SBC.
    Currently I have a T1 w/ a cisco 1720 and pix 515. I am looking into
    configuring my network as follows: (just looking for the best way to
    implement this.)

    ----------
    | Switch|
    ----------
    | |
    | |- - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - failover |
    Default |PIX| |
    Route | T1| |
    For - - - - - -
    Users | |PIX|
    | |DSL|
    - - - - - - - - -
    |Cisco 1720| |
    |T1 | - - - | |
    - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
    | --- - - -|Cisco Router ?|
    | |DSL |
    | - - - - - - - -

    NET |

    NET

    So my thoughts are this:

    1) Can the pix firewalls use some sort of virtual gateway (to make it
    easy for the client IP addressing? i.e. they share a GW of 10.0.0.x

    2) If the T1 goes out; Outbound traffic would be routed from pixT1,
    cisco1720 T1, Cisco Router? DSL---->Net. Inbound traffic would then
    be directed to Cisco router DSL, Pix DSL, mail server/web etc. (Im
    thinking this is the best way to protect inbound traffic from both
    connections) Of course I would have the appropriate MX, A, etc.. Dns
    records set up to provide the inbound failover.

    3) Short of BGP, what are my options to profide this redundancy?

    any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

    Justin

    info, Nov 21, 2003

  2. info

    Erik Guest

    Check the Alteon Link Optimizer. Done such setup with 3 Internet connection.
    All load balanced (not only failover, but all active) for outbound, and even
    for inbound traffic if you have a fixed IP adress.

    Erik, Nov 21, 2003