    How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    losing any of the content.

    regards

    Lionheart, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Lionheart

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:52:35 +1100, "Lionheart"
    <> wrote:

    >How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    >losing any of the content.

    What image viewer? Some, like Irfanview, have a click for "fit to
    screen". That allows you to view the image smaller than it is, but
    doesn't alter the image.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Lionheart

    Guest

    Keep the original as a separate copy! Resample downwards using a decent
    image editor, and very lightly apply Unsharp mask, then save under a
    new name.

    You CANNOT reduce the size of an image without losing data, as the
    information is stored in the image with a set number of pixels - and
    you are reducing that number. (Unless all you are talking about is
    zooming it up or down in memory..)

    If all this is confusing to you, a trip to www.scantips.com might be in
    order.

    , Feb 10, 2005
  4. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:52:35 +1100, "Lionheart"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    >>losing any of the content.
    >>

    > What image viewer? Some, like Irfanview, have a click for "fit to
    > screen". That allows you to view the image smaller than it is, but
    > doesn't alter the image.
    >
    >I have PhotoStudio, came with the computer ...should I get Irfanview?

    regards

    Lionheart, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Keep the original as a separate copy! Resample downwards using a decent
    > image editor, and very lightly apply Unsharp mask, then save under a
    > new name.
    >
    > You CANNOT reduce the size of an image without losing data, as the
    > information is stored in the image with a set number of pixels - and
    > you are reducing that number. (Unless all you are talking about is
    > zooming it up or down in memory..)
    >
    > If all this is confusing to you, a trip to www.scantips.com might be in
    > order.

    Thank you

    I want to load pics to "PixHost" but couldnt as the error message indicated
    the Image Display size was too large......

    Lionheart, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Lionheart

    Stewy Guest

    In article <cueiad$unl$>,
    "Lionheart" <> wrote:

    > How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    > losing any of the content.

    I'm assuming you mean web content?
    The average screen resolution these days is 1024x768 Reducing the pixel
    size to this or slightly smaller will mean it can be used as wallpaper.
    Saving in photoshop at high compression (0 or 1) will create a small
    file.

    Stewy, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <cueiad$unl$>,
    > "Lionheart" <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    >> losing any of the content.
    >>

    > I'm assuming you mean web content?
    > The average screen resolution these days is 1024x768 Reducing the pixel
    > size to this or slightly smaller will mean it can be used as wallpaper.
    > Saving in photoshop at high compression (0 or 1) will create a small
    > file.

    Image Display size

    Ummm thanks

    Lionheart, Feb 11, 2005
  8. Lionheart

    Sheldon Guest

    Any version of Photoshop, regardless of cost, will allow you to resize a
    photo to any pixel count or size you want. Some programs, like Nikon View
    (free), have preset sizes you can pick and then convert. I tend to use
    Photoshop LE, and I've never lost any quality in anything I've shrunk. That
    doesn't mean I haven't lost detail when you try and blow the image back up
    again, but it looks good on your computer screen or a Web site.

    I tried using a program I downloaded free off the Net to shrink photos and
    they looked like crap, so you have to experiment a bit. Most programs that
    come with cameras and scanners will do a decent job.

    Sheldon, Feb 11, 2005
  9. Lionheart

    Marvin Guest

    Lionheart wrote:
    > How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    > losing any of the content.
    >
    > regards

    There are only two ways to make the image smaller onscreen. One is ot reduce the number of pixels in the picture. The other
    is to change the monitor's setting to increase the number of pixels per inch.

    Marvin, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message
    > Lionheart wrote:
    >> How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    >> losing any of the content.
    >>
    >> regards
    >>

    > There are only two ways to make the image smaller onscreen. One is ot
    > reduce the number of pixels in the picture. The other is to change the
    > monitor's setting to increase the number of pixels per inch.

    yes and how do I do that?

    Lionheart, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Lionheart

    Bob Allison Guest

    Lionheart wrote:
    > How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    > losing any of the content.
    >
    > regards

    Do you have Photoshop?

    --
    Reality-ometer: [\........] Hmmph! Thought so...

    Bob
    In Carmel, CA

    Bob Allison, Feb 12, 2005
  12. Lionheart

    MB Guest

    You reduce the image for the purpose you want to use it, save it under "save
    as," and then you have two-- the original and the smaller size.

    Maybe I don't get what you're after.

    MB, Feb 13, 2005
  13. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    Lionheart, Feb 13, 2005
  14. On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 05:23:48 +1100, "Lionheart"
    <> wrote:

    >"Marvin" <> wrote in message
    >> Lionheart wrote:
    >>> How do I reduce the Image Display size of a Digital Pic please without
    >>> losing any of the content.
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>

    >> There are only two ways to make the image smaller onscreen. One is ot
    >> reduce the number of pixels in the picture. The other is to change the
    >> monitor's setting to increase the number of pixels per inch.

    >yes and how do I do that?

    Perhaps you've gotten the answer you wanted by now, but just in case
    you haven't - the simple method of reducing the "Image Display" size
    (which to me means as displayed on your monitor ONLY) is to get
    IrfanView. It's free and has lots of innovative features. You then
    set up your operating system to use IrfanView to present the images of
    whatever type (JPG, TIF, etc.) onto your screen. Then use the - and +
    keys to vary their size until it suits your purpose. No need to
    resave or anything. Not sure this is what you wanted, but maybe my
    guess might be useful.

    Olin McDaniel

    Olin K. McDaniel, Feb 22, 2005