    quality?) My operating system is windows XP.

    Regards

    Steve Fisher

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005

  2. "Stephen Fisher" <> wrote in message
    news:bqpEe.638$...
    > I'm found some video clips on myu PC which seem to be 30 second videos
    > 9avi files) that my wife has uploaded from our camera. Each of these clips
    > is approx 220Mb which seems a lot for 30 seconds.
    >
    > The image is 322x288.
    >
    > What programme can i use to reduce size of file (with minimum loss of
    > quality?) My operating system is windows XP.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Steve Fisher

    Using a porgramme called "GSPOT" i've discovered bit rate is 60840 kb/s. Is
    this high?

    regards

    Steve

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Stephen Fisher

    gangle Guest

    "Stephen Fisher" wrote

    > "Stephen Fisher" wrote
    > > I'm found some video clips on myu PC which seem to be 30 second videos
    > > 9avi files) that my wife has uploaded from our camera. Each of these clips
    > > is approx 220Mb which seems a lot for 30 seconds.
    > >
    > > The image is 322x288.
    > >
    > > What programme can i use to reduce size of file (with minimum loss of
    > > quality?) My operating system is windows XP.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Steve Fisher
    > >

    > Using a porgramme called "GSPOT" i've discovered bit rate is 60840 kb/s. Is
    > this high?

    They are uncompressed AVIs, which are HUGE.
    You need to load the AVI into Virtual Dub and compress it using
    a quality codec such as XviD (at a bitrate of about 1000 kbps).
    The sound could also be compressed (within Virtual Dub) into an
    MP3.

    Virtual Dub:
    http://www.virtualdub.org/download

    Xvid codec ("Latest Stable binary"):
    http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

    gangle, Jul 23, 2005
  4. "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > "Stephen Fisher" wrote
    >>
    >> "Stephen Fisher" wrote
    >> > I'm found some video clips on myu PC which seem to be 30 second videos
    >> > 9avi files) that my wife has uploaded from our camera. Each of these
    >> > clips
    >> > is approx 220Mb which seems a lot for 30 seconds.
    >> >
    >> > The image is 322x288.
    >> >
    >> > What programme can i use to reduce size of file (with minimum loss of
    >> > quality?) My operating system is windows XP.
    >> >
    >> > Regards
    >> >
    >> > Steve Fisher
    >> >

    >> Using a porgramme called "GSPOT" i've discovered bit rate is 60840 kb/s.
    >> Is
    >> this high?

    > They are uncompressed AVIs, which are HUGE.
    > You need to load the AVI into Virtual Dub and compress it using
    > a quality codec such as XviD (at a bitrate of about 1000 kbps).
    > The sound could also be compressed (within Virtual Dub) into an
    > MP3.
    >
    > Virtual Dub:
    > http://www.virtualdub.org/download
    >
    > Xvid codec ("Latest Stable binary"):
    > http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

    Exactly what i needed. Using viortual dub and compressing video (did not
    bother with sound) 9Gg of home video has been reduced to 100Mb

    Thanks

    Steve

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005