Reducing multilink "packets late drop" count...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Brian McCrary, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. I'm trying to run VoIP on a PPP multilink interface, but even with QoS
    policies in place, I am dropping a lot of packets. Showing the
    interface counters shows a high number of "packets late drop" which I'm
    not sure if there is a way to correct. I've searched through the
    documentation but can't find anything that really describes what happens
    here, maybe the packets took too long to be fragmented to be sent out?
    Here's what the counters look like after a few minutes:

    69247 packets input, 5745307 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    75863 packets output, 33284339 bytes, 0 underruns
    54 packets late drop, 69788 bytes late drop
    0 carrier transitions

    Anyone else run into this problem with multilink ppp, and is it
    preventable?

    Thanks,

    Brian
    Brian McCrary, Jun 6, 2007