    is always used?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian, Feb 24, 2010

  2. Brian

    John Agosta Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have a customer setup on a small MPLS network. The MPLS backbone
    > uses bgp, and the customer uses eigrp. Whenever the customer changes
    > or has a failure in their network, the default route that was learned
    > via bgp drops out and doesn't come back. It is overwritten by a higher
    > cost default route from their eigrp network.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to make sure that the preferred or lowest cost route
    > is always used?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    Your description of the problem could be more detailed.
    However, you may need to tweak the admin distance for the BGP route which
    gets redistributed into the EIGRP domain to make that particular route look
    prefered ........

    John Agosta, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Brian

    ulziit_delger

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Hi,
    Please help me. Imagine that there are 3 router running BGP on it. And they are all on different ASes. So one router is connected with two routers on different AS. All i want to do is configure the router to do "dynamically traffic balancing" depending on bandwidth/congestion/ of the external link to those 2 routers on different ASes. Of course BGP is routing the traffic to the best path. But can router detect the congestion of the link to ebgp peers and do load balance.
    Thank you, and waiting for reply

    ulziit_delger, Feb 25, 2010
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Feb 24, 1:49 pm, "John Agosta" <> wrote:
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > > We have a customer setup on a small MPLS network. The MPLS backbone
    > > uses bgp, and the customer uses eigrp. Whenever the customer changes
    > > or has a failure in their network, the default route that was learned
    > > via bgp drops out and doesn't come back. It is overwritten by a higher
    > > cost default route from their eigrp network.

    > > Any ideas on how to make sure that the preferred or lowest cost route
    > > is always used?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Brian

    > Your description of the problem could be more detailed.
    > However, you may need to tweak the admin distance for the BGP route which
    > gets redistributed into the EIGRP domain to make that particular route look
    > prefered ........

    We are having an ongoing problem with BGP to EIGRP redistribution on
    particular VPN within our MPLS Network and would like a quote on
    technical support from your company.

    The devices involved include 2x Cisco 7200 NPE-G1s acting as PE, and
    two
    Cisco 2800 Series acting as CE.

    CE1 - EIGRP - announces default route
    PE1 - EIGRP redistributed into an VPNV4 BGP TABLE
    PE2 - VPNV4 BGP is redistributed into a EIGRP process to the customer
    CE2 - EIGRP

    The route is visible in the EIGRP Database on CE1 and PE1 and in the
    BGP
    tables on PE1 and PE2.

    Unfortunately, this only happens when the customer flaps the route
    behind CE1 (they test their failover to another MPLS network) -- when
    this happens, the route drops off of the EIGRP database at PE2 and
    therefore never makes it to CE2. To resolve the issue, a "CLEAR IP
    ROUTE VRF VRFNAME 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" command is issued and the route
    reappears in both the EIGRP database of PE2 and in the route tables of
    CE2

    Brian, Feb 26, 2010
  5. Brian

    dkdent

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Hi!

    It's very old post but could you tell me how did you resolved that issue? I have this same case with my client.. and no ideas except clear default in cron :(

    Regards
    DK

    dkdent, Sep 3, 2013