  1. Everytime I go onto the web after a couple of minutes I get automatically
    directed to WWW.thebestse.com and cannot stop this from happening and is a
    real pain ,any suggestions???
    Ken.G. Murphy, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Ken.G. Murphy

    Jonah Guest

    Download a program called "StartPageGuard"  It allows you to lock the start page in internet explorer.

    Check that you do not have a trojan or virus.
    Jonah Everytime I go onto the web after a couple of minutes I get automatically
    directed to www.thebestse.com
    Jonah, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Ken.G. Murphy

    Hywel Guest

    Hywel, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Ken.G. Murphy wrote:

    > Everytime I go onto the web after a couple of minutes I get automatically
    > directed to WWW.thebestse.com and cannot stop this from happening and is a
    > real pain ,any suggestions???

    (Courtesy of Mike:)

    Install, update and run **ALL OF** the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    CWShredder

    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Ken.G. Murphy

    Unknown Guest

    320159. I suggest you print it.Re: redirection to web site

    This is known as highjacking. Microsoft will tell you how to fix it. Read
    Knowledge base item Q320159 at microsoft support site.

    Unknown, Apr 18, 2004