    Hi,
    I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
    to a specific interface. Thanks....

    mimiseh, Jun 3, 2005

  2. In article <EU%ne.18$>, mimiseh <> wrote:
    : I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
    :to a specific interface. Thanks....

    Which platform, which software version, which feature set?

    What you are asking about falls under the general category of
    "Policy Based Routing". That isn't possible on PIX 6.x,
    *is* possible on CAT 35x0/37x0 multilayer switches, is not possible
    on a variety of other switches (that aren't really just routers);
    on routers, it depends on the model and feature set and version.

    --
    The rule of thumb for speed is:

    1. If it doesn't work then speed doesn't matter. -- Christian Bau

    Walter Roberson, Jun 3, 2005

  3. To do what? Like, placing an ISS Proventia A to get fraudulous traffic?

    Cheers,

    Alabama

    Alabama Circus, Jun 3, 2005
  4. mimiseh

    toby Guest

    "mimiseh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
    > to a specific interface. Thanks....

    Yes Policy based routing. PBR

    PBR can inspect source address to determine exit interface. It was designed
    to give preference to higher bandwith interfaces for selected sources and
    much much more.

    Toby

    toby, Jun 5, 2005