REDIRECT PCL PRINT TO FILE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Maroc, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. Maroc

    Maroc Guest

    Hi All,

    I bought a program that require a PCL printer.
    I bought a HP LASERJET 1022, the printer work's or doesn't work, it
    depends by the type of document I try to print. The customer service
    said that the problem is the memory.
    With the printer driver I can't set "print on file", the option is not
    present!

    Before to buy another printer I'd like to try to redirect the print
    out on a file, see the file with a Windows Program (an Image or PDF or
    other) and try to print out this file with a deskjet printer (not PCL)

    Generally I see that the spool of the program are 2 files, one should
    be the graphical form of the document and the other file should be the
    text.

    Do you know if exist a "Virtual Printer" on witch I can direct the
    print out and that can generate some type of file reading in windows?

    I'm sorry, I'm not a technical person...

    Thanks in advance!

    Maroc, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Maroc

    meerkat Guest

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_Control_Language

    http://www.intellitech-intl.com/portasp/U-PCL.asp

    http://www.sxlist.com/techref/language/pcls.htm

    meerkat, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Maroc

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Print to file requires a Post Script driver just install a printer and use a
    PS driver. The printer does not have physically be there which is why it is
    called virtual.

    pcbutts1, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Maroc

    Maroc Guest

    On 27 Mar, 12:58, "pcbutts1" <> wrote:
    > Print to file requires a Post Script driver just install a printer and use a
    > PS driver. The printer does not have physically be there which is why it is
    > called virtual.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine herehttp://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
    > The list grows. Leythos the stalkerhttp://www.leythosthestalker.com, David
    > H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
    > Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell
    >
    > "Maroc" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi All,

    > > I bought a program that require a PCL printer.
    > > I bought a HP LASERJET 1022, the printer work's or doesn't work, it
    > > depends by the type of document I try to print. The customer service
    > > said that the problem is the memory.
    > > With the printer driver I can't set "print on file", the option is not
    > > present!

    > > Before to buy another printer I'd like to try to redirect the print
    > > out on a file, see the file with a Windows Program (an Image or PDF or
    > > other) and try to print out this file with a deskjet printer (not PCL)

    > > Generally I see that the spool of the program are 2 files, one should
    > > be the graphical form of the document and the other file should be the
    > > text.

    > > Do you know if exist a "Virtual Printer" on witch I can direct the
    > > print out and that can generate some type of file reading in windows?

    > > I'm sorry, I'm not a technical person...

    > > Thanks in advance!- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

    > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    Can you give me an example, please?
    Which printer can I install with PS Driver?
    If I set "print to file" in printer properties, the program I'm using
    can modify itself this property?

    Maroc, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Maroc

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Run the add printer wizard, choose HP as the manufacturer and any LaserJet
    printer on the right that says PS or Post Script in the name. Windows API is
    what controls the printing. When you choose print to file you will prompted
    what location to save the file too. Once saved the file will have a .ps
    extension.

    pcbutts1, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Maroc

    Maroc Guest

    On 28 Mar, 02:04, "pcbutts1" <> wrote:
    > Run the add printer wizard, choose HP as the manufacturer and any LaserJet
    > printer on the right that says PS or Post Script in the name. Windows API is
    > what controls the printing. When you choose print to file you will prompted
    > what location to save the file too. Once saved the file will have a .ps
    > extension.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine herehttp://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
    > The list grows. Leythos the stalkerhttp://www.leythosthestalker.com, David
    > H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
    > Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell
    >
    > "Maroc" <> wrote in message

    > > On 27 Mar, 12:58, "pcbutts1" <> wrote:
    > >> Print to file requires a Post Script driver just install a printer and
    > >> use a
    > >> PS driver. The printer does not have physically be there which is why it
    > >> is
    > >> called virtual.

    > >> --

    > >> Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine herehttp://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
    > >> The list grows. Leythos the stalkerhttp://www.leythosthestalker.com,
    > >> David
    > >> H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
    > >> Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell

    > >> "Maroc" <> wrote in message

    > >> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    > > Can you give me an example, please?
    > > Which printer can I install with PS Driver?
    > > If I set "print to file" in printer properties, the program I'm using
    > > can modify itself this property?- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

    > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    ok, thanks a lot!

    Maroc, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Maroc

    Maroc Guest

    I'm sorry, but doesn't work!

    I have a gestional software that send print to a PCL printer, If I
    look at printer panel when I print a documents I can see 2 files.
    If I try to send print to PS printer with option "print to file"
    nothing appened.
    Is there a virtual printer for PCL like "Pdf Factory" or "Adobe PDF"
    virtual printer?

    Now, I'm using a HP Laserjet 6L to print on paper, but I can't print
    on file.

    Thanks for your help

    Maroc, Mar 29, 2007
  8. Maroc

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What is your main goal? to create a PDF file?
    http://www.primopdf.com/
    http://www.pdf995.com/
    http://www.cutepdf.com/

    pcbutts1, Mar 29, 2007