    newest whistles and bells.
    --
    The meaning of life? Easy - You ain''t dead yet!
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=, Nov 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Paul Telesco" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have a new file server and I'm looking for a simple way to re-direct
    > the
    > current shortcuts on over 250 computers to the new location.
    >
    > Example - on each desktop there is a shortcut to the current location
    > (\\old
    > server\documents) and they need to go to (\\new server\documents)
    >
    > Any suggetions on doing this without having to hit each user's machine?
    > The
    > old server is Server 2000 SR4 and the new one is Server 2003 with all the
    > newest whistles and bells.

    I must be missing something here but can't you just modify the login script?
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Telesco" <> wrote in message
    >> We have a new file server and I'm looking for a simple way to re-direct
    >> the
    >> current shortcuts on over 250 computers to the new location.
    >>
    >> Example - on each desktop there is a shortcut to the current location
    >> (\\old
    >> server\documents) and they need to go to (\\new server\documents)
    >>
    >> Any suggetions on doing this without having to hit each user's machine?
    >> The
    >> old server is Server 2000 SR4 and the new one is Server 2003 with all the
    >> newest whistles and bells.

    > I must be missing something here but can't you just modify the login
    > script?

    That's what I was thinking too.

    You DO have a login script, don't you?
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    CBIC Guest

    "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
    > You DO have a login script, don't you?

    You don't suppose he's googling "login script" at this moment do you?
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  5. Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get them
    working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and yes,
    I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into this
    company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was here
    when it happened.

    And in general I think I'll just take care of the problem myself. The folks
    here seem to be more interested in being smart asses than helpful. Thanks for
    at least asking an intelligent question. I should have included more detail
    to start with to avoid the clowns.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=, Nov 7, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
    >> You DO have a login script, don't you?

    > You don't suppose he's googling "login script" at this moment do you?

    Nah...he couldn't be that stupid.

    I'll bet he's googling 'googling'
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    > I'll bet he's googling 'googling'

    TMMBD (made my birthday)
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  8. "Paul Telesco" wrote:

    > Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    > admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get them
    > working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and yes,
    > I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into this
    > company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was here
    > when it happened.

    Just rewrite the login script, it won't take long though. Have you ever
    thought about DFS?
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Nov 7, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    > Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    > admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get them
    > working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and yes,
    > I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into
    > this
    > company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was
    > here
    > when it happened.
    >
    > And in general I think I'll just take care of the problem myself. The
    > folks
    > here seem to be more interested in being smart asses than helpful. Thanks
    > for
    > at least asking an intelligent question. I should have included more
    > detail
    > to start with to avoid the clowns.

    Hey don't be mad at me. I'm not the one who screwed up your TS AND I'm not
    the one who didn't include pertinent info in the original post.
    BTW YSB AYB
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Dragon Without Wings" <> wrote in message
    > "Paul Telesco" wrote:
    >
    >> Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    >> admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get
    >> them
    >> working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and
    >> yes,
    >> I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into
    >> this
    >> company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was
    >> here
    >> when it happened.
    >>

    > Just rewrite the login script, it won't take long though. Have you ever
    > thought about DFS?

    Oh dear, I'm afraid you've confused him now.
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Chill out Paul, geez!! We're just havin' a little fun. It is CBICs birthday,
    you know. Come on in and have a drink....heck....BE A CLOWN for a while.

    First of bra...this is a Certification froup, you got a few odd responses
    because of that, so what....lighten up. Secondly, if you had read a few of
    the posts BEFORE you wrote yours, you would have probably been smart enough
    to back out and find the right newsgroup.

    The answer to your problem... Login Script. OK. LOG-IN-SCRIPT. They're real
    simple, you just tell the computer that is asking the server for
    authentication to go to //new server/whatever/ whenever it logs in.

    There are also Startup and Shutdown scripts. I've used these in the past to
    track when a computer is being turned on or off. Really helpful when you've
    got a rogue employee that likes to enter the office at 3:00am, cook food,
    check out pr0n, and leave stains on the floor.

    Good luck on that issue.

    this should get you started:
    http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9y04zt1a.aspx

    Here are a few other pages:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BB-7AC7-4F42-825F-B122474D9A89&displaylang=en

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/6508efd2-d24a-4195-9854-7121e80a7b7e.asp

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
    >> I'll bet he's googling 'googling'

    > TMMBD (made my birthday)

    You're welcome. ;)
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  13. "CBIC" wrote:

    > "Paul Telesco" <> wrote in message
    > > Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    > > admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get them
    > > working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and yes,
    > > I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into
    > > this
    > > company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was
    > > here
    > > when it happened.
    > >
    > > And in general I think I'll just take care of the problem myself. The
    > > folks
    > > here seem to be more interested in being smart asses than helpful. Thanks
    > > for
    > > at least asking an intelligent question. I should have included more
    > > detail
    > > to start with to avoid the clowns.

    > Hey don't be mad at me. I'm not the one who screwed up your TS AND I'm not
    > the one who didn't include pertinent info in the original post.
    > BTW YSB AYB

    LOL
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Nov 7, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:32:02 -0800, Paul Telesco cast into the ether:

    > And in general I think I'll just take care of the problem myself. The folks
    > here seem to be more interested in being smart asses than helpful. Thanks for
    > at least asking an intelligent question. I should have included more detail
    > to start with to avoid the clowns.

    ROFL! "Thanks, but KMA."

    Wow.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 7, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > And with that, we have the gratitude of another satisfied customer!

    Damb, I hope that doesn't affect our bonus checks this quarter.
    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=
    <> say in news:52F4E75D-73AF-4DEE-A51B-
    :

    > Just rewrite the login script, it won't take long though. Have you ever
    > thought about DFS?

    or if he had published the"Shared Folder" in AD, he could have created the
    short-cut originally pointing to the AD object and then modified the object
    in AD and BOOM! done for as many users as you've got.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/windows2000serv/evaluate/featfunc/
    fileprin.mspx?mfr=true

    no tiny for you asince you dis dis froup....

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Misspelled? Impossible. My modem is error correcting.
    Neil, Nov 7, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:13:49 -0500, Frisbee® cast into the ether:

    > And with that, we have the gratitude of another satisfied customer!

    We really need to think about charging more.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 7, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:13:49 -0500, Frisbee® cast into the ether:
    >
    >> And with that, we have the gratitude of another satisfied customer!

    > We really need to think about charging more.

    FINE!!!! I'm DOUBLING my rate!!!
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBUZWxlc2Nv?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > in AD and BOOM! done for as many users as you've got.

    What's AD BOOM?
    Jtyc, Nov 7, 2006