Redirect LPT1 to COM4 for Bluetooth printing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Bitman, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Bitman

    Bitman Guest

    I have connected satisfactorily my CPU with my matrix printer having used a
    virtual Bluetooth port .

    Now, is there some way to redirect LPT1 port to my COM4 virtual port?.
    Happens that frequently I use a DOS software that only has option to print
    to LPT port, and the impression options throu Bluetooth are only by COM
    ports.

    Devices:
    - Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter,
    - BlueTake Bluetooth printer adapter (parallel)
    - Epson FX1170 printer
    - Widcomm BTW software
    - Win98 SE

    Thaks in advance,

    Bitman
    Bitman, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Bitman

    Dick Kistler Guest

    "Bitman" <> wrote in message
    > I have connected satisfactorily my CPU with my matrix printer having used

    > virtual Bluetooth port .
    >
    > Now, is there some way to redirect LPT1 port to my COM4 virtual port?.
    > Happens that frequently I use a DOS software that only has option to print
    > to LPT port, and the impression options throu Bluetooth are only by COM
    > ports.
    >
    > Devices:
    > - Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter,
    > - BlueTake Bluetooth printer adapter (parallel)
    > - Epson FX1170 printer
    > - Widcomm BTW software
    > - Win98 SE
    >
    > Thaks in advance,
    >
    > Bitman

    Have you tried MODE LPT1:=COM4: right before you run your dos program(in the
    same dos-prompt window)?

    Dick Kistler
    Dick Kistler, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Bitman

    Bitman Guest

    Reply to message from "Dick Kistler"
    <> (Mon, 28
    Jun 2004 18:05:06) about "Re: Redirect
    LPT1 to COM4 for Bluetooth printing":

    Yes, I have tried MODE LPT1:=COM4:, and
    right before I run the DOS program (and in
    the same DOS prompt window), but for a
    reason that I can't know, the system at the
    DOS level only recognize COM1 and COM2.

    How can I "tell" to the system at the DOS
    level that there is more COM ports?.

    At the Windows level there's no problems
    with COM4 printing.

    Thanks for all.

    Bitman
    Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:51:22 -0300

    === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader
    2.1.0.10

    Bitman, Jul 2, 2004
  4. I don't know for sure if you can get the Mode command to re-route LPT1 to a
    COM port higher than COM2. I had a little trouble when I just tried this.

    However, as an alternative, you might try the following:

    1) Disable COM2 in your system BIOS.
    2) Assign COM2 to your Bluetooth connection.
    3) Redirect LPT1 to COM2.

    I don't know for sure if this will work, but it's probably worth a try.

    --

    Patrick Sears
    Bluetooth PAN

    purposes only.