    day
    that you realise how often they burst into flames.
    - Harry Hill
    Pun Krocker, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Pun Krocker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there an extension to use *redirect* in message filters using the
    > latest Thunderbird.?
    > I can use it manually ok, but want to use it in a message filter to
    > redirect some mail to my wife's computer. Please note I am aware of the
    > _forward_ filter but would like to use *redirect* if possible.

    The difference would be???
    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On 16/02/2007 at 18:54:12 Ed Mullen wrote :
    > The difference would be???

    Redirect is less messy!

    --
    It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
    Pun Krocker, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Pun Krocker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On 16/02/2007 at 18:54:12 Ed Mullen wrote :
    >> The difference would be???

    > Redirect is less messy!

    How? And, before you post another answer that tells me nothing,
    /exactly/ how are they different? What do you mean by those two terms?
    How do you view them as different? How do you expect a mail client to
    implement each?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On 17/02/2007 at 00:46:03 Ed Mullen wrote :
    > How? And, before you post another answer that tells me nothing, /exactly/
    > how are they different? What do you mean by those two terms? How do you
    > view them as different? How do you expect a mail client to implement each?

    My last client done it fine so maybe I expected too much, I'm sorry.
    When a mail id forwarded it sends all the headers etc, if redirected it
    looks like the original, which I think is the difference!

    Pun Krocker, Feb 17, 2007
  6. Pun Krocker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On 17/02/2007 at 00:46:03 Ed Mullen wrote :
    >> How? And, before you post another answer that tells me nothing,
    >> /exactly/ how are they different? What do you mean by those two
    >> terms? How do you view them as different? How do you expect a mail
    >> client to implement each?

    > My last client done it fine so maybe I expected too much, I'm sorry.
    > When a mail id forwarded it sends all the headers etc, if redirected it
    > looks like the original, which I think is the difference!

    Thanks, that explains it. I don't believe TB can Redirect, only Forward.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 17, 2007
  7. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On 17/02/2007 at 17:57:24 Ed Mullen wrote :
    > Thanks, that explains it. I don't believe TB can Redirect, only Forward.

    Thanks, I did notice someone else has requested it when Googling for
    info, so hopefully it may be added in a future build.

    Cheers Ed

    Pun Krocker, Feb 17, 2007