Redesigning Network

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Knowledge, Oct 31, 2009.

  1. Knowledge

    Knowledge

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    I am currently redesigning a network and have run into a roadblock.
    Setup
    Core Switch - 3550
    Distro Switch1 - 3550
    Distro Switch2 - 3550
    Access Switch - 2950
    Vlan 10 - Server
    Vlan 20 - User
    Vlan 30 - Management
    Loopback 10 set up on Distro Switch 1, 2, and Core Switch

    The design:
    Servers come off Distro Switch1. Distro Switch1 connects into the Core Switch via 4 port L3 EtherChannel.
    Users come off the Access Switch. Access Switch Gig0/1 connects to Gig0/1 of Distro Switch2. Connection is set for trunking, dot1q, and allowed vlans 10,20,30
    Distro Switch 2 connects to Core switch via 4 port L3 EtherChannel

    I would like to configure EIGRP between Distro Switch 1 and Core Switch, and Distro Switch 2 and Core Switch. However is this possible without creating SVIs? If not, is there a benifit trying to run EIGRP if I am using SVI for L3 routing?

    Thanks for the help.

    Knowledge, Oct 31, 2009