    1115).
    Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz
    , Feb 13, 2007

  2. Bob Williams Guest

    wrote:
    > I am printing some photos from a recent trip. Editing them on Adobe
    > PhotoShop, as I always do.
    > I'm printing 4 to a sheet --2 top- and 2 at the bottom of the paper.
    > The 2 on the bottom are coming out with a reddish tinge.2 on top are
    > great. This just began this afternoon. Yesterday's photos were very
    > goo.
    > I recently installed a new color ink cartridge in the printer (HP
    > 1115).
    > Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz

    Your CYAN ink cartridge is the culprit. The nozzle must be partially
    plugged. You start out getting enough cyan but toward the end of the job
    the cyan ink flow is reduced. The degree of redness is a measure of how
    little Cyan is being ejected.
    If your printer has a nozzle cleaning utility, try that. It may take
    more than one cleaning to get things right again.
    Bob Williams.
    Bob Williams, Feb 13, 2007

  3. On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:39:31 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Bob Williams
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I am printing some photos from a recent trip. Editing them on Adobe
    >> PhotoShop, as I always do.
    >> I'm printing 4 to a sheet --2 top- and 2 at the bottom of the paper.
    >> The 2 on the bottom are coming out with a reddish tinge.2 on top are
    >> great. This just began this afternoon. Yesterday's photos were very
    >> goo.
    >> I recently installed a new color ink cartridge in the printer (HP
    >> 1115).
    >> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz

    >Your CYAN ink cartridge is the culprit. The nozzle must be partially
    >plugged. You start out getting enough cyan but toward the end of the job
    >the cyan ink flow is reduced. The degree of redness is a measure of how
    >little Cyan is being ejected.

    I respectfully disagree. Sounds more like the cartridge isn't vented
    properly and as the page is printed a vacuum sets up in the cartridge as
    ink is emptied from it.

    So the question to the OP is does this now happen on every page? If you try
    printing several pages of photos what happens? Does a second page have all
    the color affected? If so, if you wait 15-30 min between pages what
    happens? If it clears up after waiting that would point towards the venting
    problem.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Feb 13, 2007