    I am sure it's some security setting that I need to change.

    Any suggestions will be gretaly appreciated.

    jack....new Vista user
    Jack Barrett, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Jack Barrett

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:58:16 GMT, "Jack Barrett"
    <> wrote:

    >I just bought a new eMachine with Vista HP. When my wife and I try to reply
    >to work wenmail, the body of the email will not show and has a Red "X". +(
    >
    >I am sure it's some security setting that I need to change.
    >
    >Any suggestions will be gretaly appreciated.
    >
    >jack....new Vista user

    Ok, so you're using some web browser. Try a different one.

    Since none of us know what 'wenmail' (I"m assuming you mean webmail)
    you use, it could be anything - Java, flash, who knows.

    Contact her work IT department and ask them.
    Evan Platt, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Jack Barrett

    ded Guest

    "Jack Barrett" <> wrote in message
    >I just bought a new eMachine with Vista HP. When my wife and I try to reply
    >to work wenmail, the body of the email will not show and has a Red "X". +(
    >
    > I am sure it's some security setting that I need to change.
    >
    > Any suggestions will be gretaly appreciated.
    >
    > jack....new Vista user

    You're using Vista's Mail client, quite correctly it's default setting is
    to block HTML content. Your description matches that as the cause.
    You can undo that security measure if you are so inclined.
    Tools>Options>Security
    Remove tick from "block HTML content" etc
    But be aware that a whole pile of sneaky nasties can be hidden in
    HTML content. If you are going to undo HTML blocking, ensure you
    have fully uptodate and efficient firewall and Anti-virus. and that
    they are configured to scan incoming mail via your Vista client.
    ded, Sep 27, 2007