    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Charla
    Charla, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Charla

    Michael-NC Guest

    Without more specs, it's hard to help you.

    Several possibilities are he put in an unsupported chip or he knocked
    something loose inside the case while installing the CPU. The CPU cooler may
    not be installed right and the CPU is overheating. He could have also
    crushed the core of the CPU if the cooler was not installed properly.

    List the model of his/her computer and the spec of the CPU he/she tried to
    install.

    Michael-NC, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Charla

    ProfGene Guest

    If all there is is a red light then there is no real boot so it has to be
    something wrong with either the MB or one of the cards. The thing to do
    would be to check all the connections. Also make sure that there are no
    switches that need to be changed if the CPU is different than the one that
    was there before or even if the MB is rated for that CPU that is can the bus
    speed handle the speed of the new CPU.

    ProfGene, Jul 25, 2004