    P.S When I look at the names of monitors, to use my drivers ? on, my 1, is
    not there, the earliest monitor is Packard Bell 2024
    Bye, hope to hear something, thanx

    Morph, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Morph wrote:

    > I have asked re' this problem, about 3 months ago.....The 'red' on my
    > monitor ( an old Packard Bell 1024 ), takes a while to flicker on....the
    > 'blue' and 'yellow' is fine.......i have now sussed ,that the mre stuff
    > goes thro' my computer, the faster the 'red' comes...so..,say, in a
    > chatroom, it allows the red to appear after about 15 minutes.....Does
    > anyone have a clue as to why this is / has been happening ?
    > Any replies will be appreciated...All the Best---Fred
    > P.S When I look at the names of monitors, to use my drivers ? on, my 1,
    > is not there, the earliest monitor is Packard Bell 2024
    > Bye, hope to hear something, thanx

    Someone might tell you, it's your monitor fighting a struggle against it's
    deadth, and a loose contact (cold weld) which gets temporarily fixed after
    a warm up and maybe a few micrometers expansion of one or the other
    component. Well, if you are doing exciting stuff with your computer, the
    time it takes will appear shorter at least :)
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Morph

    Secret S Guest

    "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote in message
    >I have asked re' this problem, about 3 months ago.....The 'red' on my
    > monitor ( an old Packard Bell 1024 ), takes a while to flicker on....the
    > 'blue' and 'yellow' is fine.......i have now sussed ,that the mre stuff
    > goes
    > thro' my computer, the faster the 'red' comes...so..,say, in a chatroom,
    > it
    > allows the red to appear after about 15 minutes.....Does anyone have a
    > clue
    > as to why this is / has been happening ?
    > Any replies will be appreciated...All the Best---Fred
    > P.S When I look at the names of monitors, to use my drivers ? on, my 1,
    > is
    > not there, the earliest monitor is Packard Bell 2024
    > Bye, hope to hear something, thanx

    The tube is on it's way out. Buy a new monitor.

    **SS**

    Secret S, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Morph wrote:

    > I have asked re' this problem, about 3 months ago.....The 'red' on my
    > monitor ( an old Packard Bell 1024 ), takes a while to flicker on....the
    > 'blue' and 'yellow' is fine.......i have now sussed ,that the mre stuff goes
    > thro' my computer, the faster the 'red' comes...so..,say, in a chatroom, it
    > allows the red to appear after about 15 minutes.....Does anyone have a clue
    > as to why this is / has been happening ?
    > Any replies will be appreciated...All the Best---Fred
    > P.S When I look at the names of monitors, to use my drivers ? on, my 1, is
    > not there, the earliest monitor is Packard Bell 2024
    > Bye, hope to hear something, thanx

    Freddie's back...

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2004
  5. Morph

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Morph wrote:
    >
    >> I have asked re' this problem, about 3 months ago.....The 'red' on my
    >> monitor ( an old Packard Bell 1024 ), takes a while to flicker
    >> on....the 'blue' and 'yellow' is fine.......i have now sussed ,that
    >> the mre stuff goes thro' my computer, the faster the 'red'
    >> comes...so..,say, in a chatroom, it allows the red to appear after
    >> about 15 minutes.....Does anyone have a clue as to why this is / has
    >> been happening ?
    >> Any replies will be appreciated...All the Best---Fred
    >> P.S When I look at the names of monitors, to use my drivers ? on,
    >> my 1, is not there, the earliest monitor is Packard Bell 2024
    >> Bye, hope to hear something, thanx

    > Freddie's back...

    Doesn't time fly....
    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips

    Scraggy, Sep 5, 2004