    red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of the temp files.Still
    there.
    Thanks,
    McWideGlide, Jun 21, 2007

  2. McWideGlide

    samuel Guest

    "McWideGlide" <> wrote in
    news:1Elei.3393$:

    > Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at
    > various websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every
    > time I select a category it turns red and stays that way. How
    > can I clear the chalk board of all the red?I used the systems
    > tools did a Disk Cleanup of the temp files.Still there.
    > Thanks,

    history and cache files cleaned ?
    samuel, Jun 21, 2007

  3. McWideGlide

    McWideGlide Guest

    "samuel" <> wrote in message
    > "McWideGlide" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at
    >> various websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every
    >> time I select a category it turns red and stays that way. How
    >> can I clear the chalk board of all the red?I used the systems
    >> tools did a Disk Cleanup of the temp files.Still there.
    >> Thanks,

    > history and cache files cleaned ?

    I will clear the history. I know where that is. Where do I find teh cache
    files? Is that somewhere in the Disk Cleanup?
    McWideGlide, Jun 21, 2007
  4. McWideGlide wrote:

    > Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at various
    > websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every time I select a
    > category it turns red and stays that way. How can I clear the chalk
    > board of all the red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of
    > the temp files.Still there. Thanks,

    I suspect you are describing "visited links", which are usually shown in
    a purple color. This is normal and expected. Unvisited links are blue
    (standard), unless the page author has changed the color(s) with his
    code.

    You can clear your browser's history, and then it no longer remembers
    you "visited" those links, and they would be blue again. The idea is to
    remind you where you have been, and all browsers operate in this manner.

    Tools > Internet Options > General > [Clear History]

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2007
  5. McWideGlide

    McWideGlide Guest

    > McWideGlide wrote:
    >
    >> Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at various
    >> websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every time I select a
    >> category it turns red and stays that way. How can I clear the chalk
    >> board of all the red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of
    >> the temp files.Still there. Thanks,

    > I suspect you are describing "visited links", which are usually shown in
    > a purple color. This is normal and expected. Unvisited links are blue
    > (standard), unless the page author has changed the color(s) with his
    > code.
    >
    > You can clear your browser's history, and then it no longer remembers
    > you "visited" those links, and they would be blue again. The idea is to
    > remind you where you have been, and all browsers operate in this manner.
    >
    > Tools > Internet Options > General > [Clear History]
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    I agree ,cars just suck.
    I cleared the browser history and it did just fine. thanks. btw, I am
    colorblind and thought it was turning red.
    McWideGlide, Jun 21, 2007
  6. McWideGlide wrote:

    > I cleared the browser history and it did just fine. thanks. btw, I am
    > colorblind and thought it was turning red.

    I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a guy
    that owned a large construction supply company. He was colorblind. He'd
    look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm colorblind, but even I
    can tell this is too green!" The color was perfect, he just couldn't
    tell it. He was the only customer I ever fired.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 21, 2007
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > McWideGlide wrote:
    >
    >> Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at various
    >> websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every time I select a
    >> category it turns red and stays that way. How can I clear the chalk
    >> board of all the red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of
    >> the temp files.Still there. Thanks,

    > I suspect you are describing "visited links", which are usually shown in
    > a purple color. This is normal and expected. Unvisited links are blue

    Which IMO is a dumb default. Too close to blue; they don't pop out at
    you like they should.

    They're red, here. :)

    > (standard), unless the page author has changed the color(s) with his
    > code.

    Yay configurability.

    > You can clear your browser's history, and then it no longer remembers
    > you "visited" those links, and they would be blue again. The idea is to
    > remind you where you have been, and all browsers operate in this manner.

    He doesn't want to know. He wants to keep discovering them. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 21, 2007
  8. Rôgêr wrote:
    > McWideGlide wrote:
    >
    >> I cleared the browser history and it did just fine. thanks. btw, I am
    >> colorblind and thought it was turning red.

    > I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a guy
    > that owned a large construction supply company. He was colorblind. He'd
    > look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm colorblind, but even I
    > can tell this is too green!" The color was perfect, he just couldn't
    > tell it. He was the only customer I ever fired.

    Kinda like when a Google Groper says, "I know what I'm doing!"

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 21, 2007
  9. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >>McWideGlide wrote:
    >>

    >>> I cleared the browser history and it did just fine. thanks. btw, I am
    >>>colorblind and thought it was turning red.

    >>I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a guy
    >>that owned a large construction supply company. He was colorblind. He'd
    >>look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm colorblind, but even I
    >>can tell this is too green!" The color was perfect, he just couldn't
    >>tell it. He was the only customer I ever fired.

    > Kinda like when a Google Groper says, "I know what I'm doing!"

    People can do the weirdest things. I still do a lot of video work. I had
    one woman who wanted me to shoot some video of a dog, any dog, that had
    been killed on the highway. It was to promote some animal humane shelter
    something or the other. It was to be shown in a theater before the movie
    started.

    I told her "Lady, if I just paid $8 to get a ticket and $12 for some
    popcorn and a Coke, I don't really want to see hamburger all over the
    highway." She insisted, I told her to **** off.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 21, 2007
  10. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a
    >>> guy that owned a large construction supply company. He was
    >>> colorblind. He'd look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm
    >>> colorblind, but even I can tell this is too green!" The color was
    >>> perfect, he just couldn't tell it. He was the only customer I ever
    >>> fired.

    >> Kinda like when a Google Groper says, "I know what I'm doing!"

    > People can do the weirdest things. I still do a lot of video work. I had
    > one woman who wanted me to shoot some video of a dog, any dog, that had
    > been killed on the highway. It was to promote some animal humane shelter
    > something or the other. It was to be shown in a theater before the movie
    > started.
    >
    > I told her "Lady, if I just paid $8 to get a ticket and $12 for some
    > popcorn and a Coke, I don't really want to see hamburger all over the
    > highway." She insisted, I told her to **** off.

    Off is in right field.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 21, 2007
  11. McWideGlide

    Gordon Guest

    "McWideGlide" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at various
    > websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every time I select a
    > category it turns red and stays that way. How can I clear the chalk board
    > of all the red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of the temp
    > files.Still there.
    > Thanks,

    Tools-Internet Options-General, go to "Colours", de-select "Use Windows
    Colours" and change the Visited colour to anything you want...
    Gordon, Jun 21, 2007
  12. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> I suspect you are describing "visited links", which are usually shown
    >> in a purple color. This is normal and expected. Unvisited links are
    >> blue

    > Which IMO is a dumb default. Too close to blue; they don't pop out
    > at you like they should.

    Hey! I didn't make that up! Go complain to Sir Tim or somebody!

    > They're red, here. :)

    Customization is a wonderful thing.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2007
  13. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>>I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a guy
    >>>that owned a large construction supply company. He was colorblind. He'd
    >>>look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm colorblind, but even I
    >>>can tell this is too green!" The color was perfect, he just couldn't
    >>>tell it. He was the only customer I ever fired.

    >> Kinda like when a Google Groper says, "I know what I'm doing!"

    > People can do the weirdest things. I still do a lot of video work. I had
    > one woman who wanted me to shoot some video of a dog, any dog, that had
    > been killed on the highway. It was to promote some animal humane shelter
    > something or the other. It was to be shown in a theater before the movie
    > started.
    >
    > I told her "Lady, if I just paid $8 to get a ticket and $12 for some
    > popcorn and a Coke, I don't really want to see hamburger all over the
    > highway." She insisted, I told her to **** off.

    Thank you. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 21, 2007