    PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
    can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
    for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

    Jimmy S. Mejia, Mar 19, 2005

  2. Jimmy S. Mejia

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:34:56 GMT, "Jimmy S. Mejia" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony Vaio
    >PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
    >can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
    >for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

    Not Redhat 9 but there should be some pointers here;

    http://jpdavin.com/linux/linux-r505.html

    or try here;

    http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~sjedrus/vaio-linux.html

    As the first page mentions, that guy had more luck with FC3.

    There's lots more to be found on Google; Results 1 - 20 of about 1,790
    for "PCG - R505EL" linux. (0.56 seconds)

    cluedweasel, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Jimmy S. Mejia

    docmill Guest

    "Jimmy S. Mejia" <> wrote in

    > I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony
    > Vaio PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver
    > which I can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if
    > it would look for them, but nothing. I need help with this
    > installation.

    It's always, most of the time, and usually, if not this time, the modem.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Jimmy S. Mejia

    Parko Guest

    Jimmy S. Mejia wrote:
    > I have a problem. I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 9 on a Sony Vaio
    > PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
    > can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
    > for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

    And the device requiring drivers is? Methinks FC3, SuSE 9.2, or Mandrake
    10.1 would be better options. RH9 is no longer supported.
    --
    Parko
    D'oh! Windows won't install with a Microsoft Wireless KB. How smart.

    Parko, Mar 20, 2005