    where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.

    Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

    Stych.

    Stychentyme, May 8, 2004

  2. Stychentyme

    Manda Guest

    "Stychentyme" <> wrote:

    > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
    > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original series,
    > or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.

    They are the original, non-remastered versions. HTH.

    Manda

    Manda, May 8, 2004

  3. Stychentyme

    RodP Guest

    In article <MIWmc.29970$U75.17852@edtnps89>,
    says...
    > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red Dwarf
    > Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original series, or the ones
    > where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.
    >
    > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

    I have the region 4 versions and they are the originals. I gagged at the
    remastered versions too.

    Cheers,
    Rod.

    RodP, May 8, 2004
  4. Stychentyme

    Jay G Guest

    Stychentyme <> wrote:
    > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
    > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
    > series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
    > effects.
    >
    > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

    The R1 US releases are of the original series.

    -Jay

    Jay G, May 9, 2004
  5. Stychentyme

    Ocelot Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Stychentyme <> wrote:
    > > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
    > > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
    > > series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
    > > effects.
    > >
    > > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

    > The R1 US releases are of the original series.

    On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
    which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version. :)

    Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
    for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
    DVD's? Heh, probably not.

    Ocelot, May 10, 2004
  6. Stychentyme

    Stychentyme Guest

    > > Stychentyme <> wrote:
    > > > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
    > > > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
    > > > series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
    > > > effects.
    > > >
    > > > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

    > > The R1 US releases are of the original series.

    > On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
    > which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version. :)
    >
    > Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
    > for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
    > DVD's? Heh, probably not.

    I'm glad to see that the DVD's are the originals. When I first saw the
    re-done episodes I was shocked! Not only that they changed them, but they
    did a poor job to top it off! I thought the effects were fine the way they
    were.

    Stych.

    Stychentyme, May 11, 2004
  7. "Stychentyme" <> writes:

    > > > The R1 US releases are of the original series.

    > > On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
    > > which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version. :)
    > >
    > > Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
    > > for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
    > > DVD's? Heh, probably not.

    > I'm glad to see that the DVD's are the originals. When I first saw the
    > re-done episodes I was shocked! Not only that they changed them, but they
    > did a poor job to top it off! I thought the effects were fine the way they
    > were.
    >
    > Stych.

    Speaking of which... When are the rest of the R1 discs coming out?
    Anyone know? I have up to series 4.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 11, 2004
  8. Scott Streeter wrote:
    > Speaking of which... When are the rest of the R1 discs coming out?
    > Anyone know? I have up to series 4.

    Going by the releases so far (Series 1 and 2 in February 2003, Series 3 and
    4 in February 2004), it looks as if Warner and the BBC are releasing _Red
    Dwarf_ here at the rate of two seasons per year. So it may be something of
    a wait.

    doug

    --
    "All these things we'll one day swallow whole..."
    --Radiohead

    Douglas Bailey, May 11, 2004