    safe mode with the same results. The properties does not show how much is
    in the bin. Can someone help me?
    Luke
    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:26:02 -0500, "TheStoneCrusher"
    <> wrote:

    >When I try to empty my recycle bin I receive a msg that there is a folder
    >there that is not empty and it can't empty. It indicates that there are
    >80 items in there. I open it and it is empty!!! I did the same thing in
    >safe mode with the same results. The properties does not show how much is
    >in the bin. Can someone help me?

    Assuming you're using Windows... A google search shows a few hints:

    Go to: Start/Run/CMD and type in: rd /s /q c:\recycled [reboot].
    And/or run this edit: Restore recycle bin
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restorerecyclebin.reg

    Or try crap cleaner (ccleaner).
    Evan Platt, Jan 15, 2009

  3. TheStoneCrusher

    VanguardLH Guest

    TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    > When I try to empty my recycle bin I receive a msg that there is a folder
    > there that is not empty and it can't empty. It indicates that there are
    > 80 items in there. I open it and it is empty!!! I did the same thing in
    > safe mode with the same results. The properties does not show how much is
    > in the bin. Can someone help me?
    > Luke

    Ccleaner
    http://www.ccleaner.com/

    Useful for more than cleaning out the Recycle Bin.

    Just be leery of using it (or any other registry cleaner) to clean out
    the registry. While it can save backups before committing its proposed
    changes, that requires Windows is still bootable for you to get back in
    so you can restore from its registry backups. Review the registry
    cleanup changes BEFORE you commit them. If YOU don't understand them,
    don't do the cleanup. YOU are the final authority regarding the
    registry cleanup. If you don't understand the registry, you have no
    business in cleaning it.
    VanguardLH, Jan 15, 2009
  4. Did that with a large file. It deleted the large file and is still the
    same.

    Thanx
    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Sorry! XP Pro SP2

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009
  7. TheStoneCrusher

    Buffalo Guest

    TheStoneCrusher wrote:
    > Did that with a large file. It deleted the large file and is still
    > the same.
    >
    > Thanx
    > Luke
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> TheStoneCrusher wrote:
    >>> When I try to empty my recycle bin I receive a msg that there is a
    >>> folder there that is not empty and it can't empty. It indicates
    >>> that there are 80 items in there. I open it and it is empty!!! I
    >>> did the same thing in safe mode with the same results. The
    >>> properties does not show how much is in the bin. Can someone help
    >>> me? Luke

    >> Try making a small txt file and then delete it to the Recycled Bin.
    >> Now try to empty the Recycled Bin again. Sometimes this works.

    Thought it was worth a try. It sometimes works and it is so easy to do.
    Thanks for trying. Hopfully you can use some of the other suggestions.
    Have you tried rebooting yet?
    Buffalo, Jan 15, 2009
  8. Thank you Evan,

    After man permutations I still receive a msg saying that the file is
    missing.

    I am not sure what I should do with the other suggestion. I saw the
    registry file but am not sure what to do.

    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009
  9. Thanks, tried the file and it cleaned everything, err.... almost everything
    except the file that is screwing up the recycle bin. It said there was a
    corrupt folder and to run chkdsk. I will shortly.
    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 15, 2009
  10. TheStoneCrusher

    chuckcar Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote in

    > When I try to empty my recycle bin I receive a msg that there is a
    > folder there that is not empty and it can't empty. It indicates
    > that there are 80 items in there. I open it and it is empty!!! I did
    > the same thing in safe mode with the same results. The properties does
    > not show how much is in the bin. Can someone help me?
    > Luke

    Run scandisk and automatically fix errors. A scanreg/fix in a command
    prompt might do it to (it *will* reboot afterwards, possibly without any
    warning - safely though). Most likely the cause is a corrupted ini file
    for the bin.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 15, 2009
  11. TheStoneCrusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:30:52 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Run scandisk and automatically fix errors. A scanreg/fix in a command
    >prompt might do it to (it *will* reboot afterwards, possibly without any
    >warning - safely though). Most likely the cause is a corrupted ini file
    >for the bin.

    lol... classic chucktard.
    Evan Platt, Jan 15, 2009
  12. TheStoneCrusher

    Peeassha Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote in
    >
    >> When I try to empty my recycle bin I receive a msg that there is a
    >> folder there that is not empty and it can't empty. It indicates
    >> that there are 80 items in there. I open it and it is empty!!! I did
    >> the same thing in safe mode with the same results. The properties does
    >> not show how much is in the bin. Can someone help me?
    >> Luke
    >>

    > Run scandisk and automatically fix errors. A scanreg/fix in a command
    > prompt might do it to (it *will* reboot afterwards, possibly without any
    > warning - safely though). Most likely the cause is a corrupted ini file
    > for the bin.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    Maybe some of *your* folders are *stuck* in his recycle bin.
    Peeassha, Jan 16, 2009
  13. Thanks, will do. I have to wait for Agent to finish before I can do it.
    Everytime I shut down Agent I lose all the files I wanted to download.

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 17, 2009